View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #64
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Highest Level Martial Arts and Aikido

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote:
I suppose my question should have been which system would you recommend to teach those specific qigongs best?
Whichever one will teach you. That's the problem... finding someone who (1.) knows and (2.) will teach you the real way to do it. Just as an example, look how many Aikidoists have been led through various breathing exercises and other exercises and yet haven't really been shown how to do them in relation to ki and kokyu things? If you ask them, they "learned" something, right? It's sort of like Tai Chi..... lots of people "teach" it, few really know it, the ones that know it are careful how much information they give out. You should learn something that produces tangible results of some definable sort within a year or you're wasting time.

I know *some* things, but certainly not all... and I started looking in the mid-1970's, so you can see that it's not just a case of going somewhere and learning it. Although lots of people will take your money and *say* they're going to show you (and that's why I have this pet peeve about who's a teacher). So if you find someone in some style that is willing and will really teach you, I'd suggest that's the style to go for. The basic principles are pretty close, but you should go for one of the softer styles of qigongs.

FWIW

Mike