View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
antdigoh
A Word of Concern to all Aikidoka...

Deaths of some great sense-is have somewhat alarmed me, noticed that most of them died of fatal diseases, if not cancer, massive heart attacks and other terminal illnesses. These consequences have worried me a bit, so I did my own research and analysis silently with regards to practicing aikido.

Mine is just of word of advise and should served as brotherly concern if not some sort of warning. It's up to you guys I just wanted to share my views and conclusions...

Please refrain from focusing on one point, especially to those practicing ki development, or to the higher ranking Aikidoka. There's so much to understand about ki, it's principles and practices. My esoteric inclinations has drawn me to this sports that I have come to love.

I do practice hatha, arhatic and raja yoga, I'm on my higher stage of meditations, so I needed a higher degree of physical exercises/activities. And I chose Aikido for it is somewhat congruent to my spiritual principles. It is a must before and after meditation that we do some simple stretching or rigid exercise to facilitate the flows of energy that has down-poured upon us during a meditation. Since we consider aikido as a meditation in motion, during that moment we are only concern on focusing on one point or the center. Thus we are on a meditative trance in keeping one point. In yoga one point corresponds to the sex chakra or the sex energy center. There are seven major chakras or energy centers, these energy centers controls our vital organs. When we keep one point, we activate that energy center only (which controls our reproductive organs), we tend to forget the other six energy centers. These energy centers should be aligned or incoherence in motions, for the energy passes through these centers(chakra). If we activate only one chakra and the others not, there's a great danger of damaging the internal organ/s being controlled by those certain energy centers.

These what might have happened to those great sensei who have passed away, because for me theirs is not just an ordinary deaths...

anton