United_States
Re: Aikido Works

Quote:
Michael Neal wrote:
why are you getting so defensive? .....
Are you kidding me?

This is what you said in post #50:

Quote:
"The basic hip throw is a fundemental basic technique in many martial arts, inluding Ju Jitsu, Judo, Brazilian jiu Jitsu, Karate, Aikido, TKD, etc."
I boldfaced karate because that is the art I know best -- I've been doing it for 20 years! YOU spouted off that a hip throw is a "fundemental basic technique" in an art where I know for a fact it is not in the basics. How do I know? Because I've done it. I know traditional Japanese karate quite well. Well enough to know you're wrong, and not hesitate to say so.

You can call it being defensive; I call it correcting an innacurate statement.

Quote:
I don't care if it is first technique learned or not but it is an Aikido throw and people should be able to take a breakfall from it, especially higher ranks. You obviously disgree ....
I am not saying the higher ranks shouldn't know it. I am saying Aikido people do not get to it unitl later in the training program. And I am saying that your assertion that hip throws are basic in everything but Aikido is wrong (except for Judo, of course).

Quote:
that is fine, but I personally would not like to learn Aikido from you or whoever teaches you.
Sir, that is your prerogative. I am sure my sensei, who is an unflappaby nice person, would welcome you and you'd get a good work out. If you want to pass it up, that is your choice. But if that is your reaction to having someone call you to account on some inaccurate statements, you have your own issues to resolve.