View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #41
rob_liberti
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Connecticut
United_States
Re: Basic elements of Aikido

Mike,

Again, I don't mean to insult you personally, it's just that at first I thought maybe you meant somethings other than what you actually said, but then I remembered that you are a "literalist". So, about "all opinions being valid," I just don't consider you to be the best judge of which ones are valid, especially now that I'm no longer sure that you are reading the words I am writing.

I've been laughing all night about "You publicly display credentials as an expert in Aikido and you represent that you are qualified to teach... AND you charge money for the product you publicly claim credentials for." Really?! Where exactly is that publicly displayed?! Sandan is considered a beginner rank in my circles - which I actually have publicly mentioned both on and off of aikiweb MANY times. Also, I actually do not take any money from the students for teaching aikido. Given that I also did not "claim that discussing Zen is the same thing as discussing Aikido" either, what am I to conclude about your power of observation, deduction, and/or accurate expression? So, please excuse me if I don't take your word for what someone else meant...

Rob