View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 03:07 AM   #86
ShugyoSystems
Australia
Re: Please help me find a dojo in Melbourne!

Quote:
Si Wilson wrote:
Ah, so you actually want to practice Omoto Kyo Aiki!!!!
Well honestly yeh I am very interested in it, but I'm not sure yet. I don't know enough about it I'm on my way there....

Quote:
Si Wilson wrote:
Really, Aikido is an off shoot of Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, just as Yoshinkan, Tomiki Ryu etc. are off shoots of Uyeshiba Ryu Aiki Budo as forms of Aikido/Aiki Jujutsu.

The lineage of our martial art does not simply go back to Uyeshiba Sensei and stop there. Aikido's roots lie in the 9th Century. After all, the Aiki system of techniques originated with Prince Teijun of the Minamoto family.
Thanks for the info but I did know that. I used to train Hapkido which is an offshoot of aikijujutsu too, that's actually how I found out about aikido, studying the arts... Of course you can trace it all the way back through China to India, and arguably African plains too. Likewise for the spiritual stuff... But this particular mix that I am so attracted to is AIkido, and as I said, "it remains that it is OSensei who brought together the numerous factors that became Aikido and it is OSensei who my alliances lay with when it comes to Aikido training"

Quote:
Si Wilson wrote:
BTW, follow the link below. The Uyeshiba family disagree with you as their students don't wear hakama!

Aikikai Academy

Hmmm!
Hmmm indeed. I'm aware of this too. They actually stopped wearing hakama during O'Sensei's living years.