View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #80
siwilson
Dojo: Kenshinkai Yoshinkan Aikido
England
Re: Please help me find a dojo in Melbourne!

Quote:
Todd Worth wrote:
I am very interested to learn the position of the Takeda clan et al on this matter, although it is muchly out of curiosity. The nature of my reverence to OSensei is largely as a result of my relation to his stance on 'magical mumbo-jumbo', and as such the stance of such figures as Onisaburo Deguchi and even O'Sensei's Mother (I am embarassed to say I do not remember her name) would also be poignant to some extent. That said, it remains that it is OSensei who brought together the numerous factors that became Aikido and it is OSensei who my alliances lay with when it comes to Aikido training.
Ah, so you actually want to practice Omoto Kyo Aiki!!!!

Really, Aikido is an off shoot of Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, just as Yoshinkan, Tomiki Ryu etc. are off shoots of Uyeshiba Ryu Aiki Budo as forms of Aikido/Aiki Jujutsu.

The lineage of our martial art does not simply go back to Uyeshiba Sensei and stop there. Aikido's roots lie in the 9th Century. After all, the Aiki system of techniques originated with Prince Teijun of the Minamoto family.

BTW, follow the link below. The Uyeshiba family disagree with you as their students don't wear hakama!

Aikikai Academy

Hmmm!

Also, Stuart, I don't think that is fair. Yes Kancho is where we look to in our teachings, but his Aikido came from O'Sensei, and O'Sensei's photo hangs in our dojo.

Regards,

Osu!