Ron Tisdale wrote:
ps Michael or Steven...do you have a step by step description of this technique?
Hmm...I'm not really sure what this thread is about and I've read it through 3 times. Hopefully tha won't stop me from commenting on hanmi handachi katate mochi shihonage ichi (which I'm guessing is the question).
1. Shite sits in seiza with hand on front part of knee; uke approaches slightly form the outside of the knee. They grab and pull up toward them selves (toward their center is the best spot).
2. Push off the top of the outside foot (which is touching the mat in seiza) about 2/3 of the way into uke's stance. The arms should move in kamae with uke's pull into a circle into uke and then out into your center, lightly hooking the outside hand baby finger onto uke's grabbing wrist. It's important not to lose contact with uke's hand at this point and the gripped arm should push into the V of uke's grip so they can't let go.
3. Push the hands forward and up to your forehead as in shumatsu dosa while at the same time lean back as far as you can keeping your back straight.
4. When you get to the point where you can't lean back any more because you will be lieing on the ground, or falling onto the ground, lift your outside knee up and and swing it around to point in the other direction (180 degress from where it started). Your weight should stay centered on you ankles as you shift about bringing your hands to kamae positiion. At this point you should be prallel to uke.
5. From here, bring uke down in shihonage to your center.
6. Drop uke in shihonage
7. Shift forward using the front knee to close the osae
8. Bring your striking hand to your forhead and strike uke between the eyes.
I think that's about it. There are probably some subtle points that I am forgetting.