View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #56
ShugyoSystems
Australia
Re: Please help me find a dojo in Melbourne!

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote:
For your information, and to set the record straight, I do not bow to a picture of O'Sensei because I do not have a picture of him, one large enough or decent enough to display. If I had one, I would pay my respects as much as any other. The point is, I don't need one to remind me that I need to be respectful of the fact, nor does it lessen my respect in any way.
So in one post you call O'Sensei a dead-head, and refer to that which he held to be of high spiritual value, as a "simple" matter and a "damn skirt", and now you say that you do hold respect for him?

I always live by the ideal that I should not say something behind someone's back that I would not say to their face.

You said to me in private that you didn't mean any disrespect to him by referring to him as a dead-head, but I wonder if you honestly can say that you don't think he would be offended if you were to say such a thing to his face?

Judging by your words, your intentions are good, you don't seem to mean any ill intent judging by some of your words, and yet your actions do not seem to always reflect those intentions.

I see what you mean about the internal spiritualism, but why does the internal spiritualism conflict with your external actions?