View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #49
ShugyoSystems
Australia
Re: Please help me find a dojo in Melbourne!

Quote:
Kristian Miller-Karlsen wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I've noted that there is quite a bit of tension in this discussion. I don't know why. I read that osensei stated:

"The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace...... foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all you encounter."

I don't mean to sound sanctimonious, however, the time we spent arguing here could have been spent training.

I hear that there is a sensei named David Brown in Melbourne. I am told he is quite experienced and has a lot to offer. I also hear that he is affiliated with the Aikikai. As to the hakama issue, I can't say.

Good fortunes to you Todd.
I think that perhaps the reason for the tension in here is that some people, rather than attempting to help me find what I want, are attempting to tell me that I'm wrong to want it. I didn't come here for abuse or correction, or for others to attempt to degrade me for my dedication to things which they do not believe in, I came here to find fellow Aikidoka who I presumed would be like-minded and assist me, either in finding the right dojo, or in finding a way around the lack of one.

I've re-read the thread, just to be sure that I still feel this way, and surely enough I don't feel that I've said anything to initiate any ill feeling. I do think that I've been grossly misunderstood/misquoted and attacked for it on several occasions. I've certainly pointed out how I've been misunderstood, in an attempt to quell any argument based on misconception of my opinion.

The only points where I feel that this is not the case, which unfortunately seems the be the root of the majority of tension, is in regard to Ignatius' disrespect towards OSensei. I stand by my opinions and my Master on this matter.

You're right, the time spent here could certainly have been spent training! That's why I'm here remember? Gotta find somewhere to train! So I appreciate the tip regarding Brown Sensei, thanks muchly! But I'm sorry if you feel that I'm trying to make waves, for that surely is not my intention... I just want to train, without compromising my spirituality. I didn't come here to question anyone else's spirituality, or to have anyone else question mine....

I'll save that for another thread hehehehe

Thanks for a positive post, and my apologies for the waves that are occurring due to my presence.