View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #38
Akhilleus
Talking Re: what does religion say about ki?

Quote:
Ted Chaffin wrote:
Good luck to any of you that try to convince religious people that Ki is applicable and part of life/religion! Generally when (here in the Deep South) I get into conversations about religious similarities the responses are less than openminded. Responses along the lines of, "the bible doesn't talk about Ki", or "no, your religion is wrong, don't you know you are going to hell", are typically the norm.

What about the idea of Ki as the "energy of intent"?

Could a christian struggling with the 'rightness or wrongness' of believing in ki be solved by remembering that "god is in all things"?
Just my 2 cents.

I always tend to laugh when people quote the Bible to me and preach it as it is written in a literal sense. I fear they forget that our precious Bible is a collection of storys all coming from word of mouth. Though you look past the storys them selves to find the moral/meaning behind the passages it is negative to take the text in a literal sense.....and for those who argue against me..

"If your hand or foot causes you to sin, chop it off and throw it away! You would be better off to go into life crippled or lame than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into the fire that never goes out."

so I ask, how can you practise Aikido with no hands?! Again you look for the moral...

As far as my opinion goes on Ki and religion....I feel that though it is not in the Bible I also know that neither are Dinosaurs, Atoms, Cars, and worm holes but we sure do know they exist and we don't think of them as evil do we? I don't think God had intended to put complicated scientific/paranormal/human psyche material in the Bible, at the time it was written we were rather, and to a huge extent still are, primitive creatures.

So do I think of ki as evil/bad ? No.
Does God think of Ki as work of the devil? Don't know, and chances are neither do you.

But I feel that as long as I develop my ki in a manner which does not harm my self nor anyone else God wouldn't think about smiting me. (I hope )

ok..I better stop while I'm ahead.....