Mike Sigman wrote:
Certainly I believe in basic elements and I don't think a name should be used for an art if the art you practice has different elements.
Let the above quote be the starting point for the following:
- What are the basic elements of Aikido?
- Are the basic elements of Aikido immutable?
- Were the basic elements of Aikido ever codified by O-Sensei or anyone else?
- What criteria can be applied to evaluate whether or not your Aikido includes the basic elements?
- Feel free to insert your own point(s).