View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 05:25 PM   #107
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Shioda, Tohei, and Ki Things

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Don't keep hinting, as Shaun does, that you have hidden-but-deep resources of information we would all die to have.
As for me, I have no hidden source for anything. My sources are well known, both on these forums and in the real world. What I have said is that if there was someone willing to take the time to get out from behind their keyboard, and in your case off your pulpit, that I would take them directly to my sources to see for themselves, feel for themselves, ask questions for themselves, so that they may make up their own minds. It doesn't seem that you care to do this at all, and have even gone as far as saying that you are here for your very own selfish reasons - that you are seeking information and that once you have it you will be gone. I said to you before that this is a two-way street, and that you would find it a troubling place if you came here wanting information, making demands, pretending to be able to evaluate teachers by watching a video or reading their interviews when their own students spending major portions of their lives with their teachers were unable to do so.

If you want an example, as you always "demand" here is one. You keep insisting that Abe Sensei went somewhere else for his information. I am telling you here and now that you are wrong. I have asked him this, and we have discussed it at length. Time and time, again, you go on about how he did things outside of his training with O-Sensei, and time and time again I have told you that this was before he met O-Sensei and that once he did meet him he altered his training methods and completely focused on what O-Sensei was teaching him. He said that when he encountered O-Sensei's methods that he realized that his own were insufficient to get him to reach the goals that he had set for himself. It doesn't get any plainer than that, yet you continue to deride Abe Sensei's relationship with O-Sensei. You either have your own agenda, or you simply have a blind spot when it comes to dealing with facts because as James just noted, "They differ from your own conclusions, ones which are based upon information that you can't possibly even know.

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Instead of playing this game that you know secret things, yada, yada, yada, I invite you... and Shaun Ravens, who implies the same things... to take the conversation as an interesting, personality-free discussion about how ki and kokyu things work and simply join in rather than sit on the sidelines and snipe.

Personally, Mike I find it interesting how you keep demanding a personality-free conversation, yet can't seem to get your personality out of the way. In fact, you deliberately put it in the way. That is what James, I and others have pointed to, over and over and over, but alas it is you who can't get passed it. Simply speaking, you don't feel that you should pay the cover charge at the door, and then complain that you are being accosted once inside.

As for the sidelines, you are simply full of it. Here and now I ask you to step up and put out the names of the Aikido teachers with whom in the last six months you have made an on the mat inquiry into the ki and Kokyu of Aikido, rather than show up with your preconceived notion that everything is the same, and you are here to tell everyone how we all have been missing it.

Truth be know, the reason the probable answer to the above question is "no one" not that you will come out and say it, is because someone like Abe Sensei wouldn't waste his time on you - no matter what you think you know, or what you even do know. What you can't understand is that with the piss-poor selfish attitude that you have show from day one, and your inability to understand how to show respect dictates that even if you had ten times the cover charge and were willing to pay it, you still wouldn't get in.

There is a saying, at least in Aikido, I am not sure if it is one that is repeated in the Chinese circles within which you travel, but it goes something like this, "If you want to learn anything here, you first need to have a major attitude adjustment"

I have said it before and I will say it again, I feel it a great loss because for anyone who might be truly interested in what you have to share might not ever approach you because of your selfish need to be closed to someone until they "prove" themselves to you in some forum where you think you make the rules, but in truth are just crapping on those who came before you who actually did make them.

Once again, I invite you to step out from behind your computer, and show up for the Aiki-Expo. Of course, you won't not even anonymously to see it for yourself. However, I invite you just the same.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.