AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: Do you have any "new year's resolutions" for your aikido training in 2006? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9529)

AikiWeb System 01-01-2006 01:30 AM

Poll: Do you have any "new year's resolutions" for your aikido training in 2006?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of January 1, 2006:

Do you have any "new year's resolutions" for your aikido training in 2006?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Yes
  • No
Here are the current results.

billybob 01-03-2006 09:23 AM

Re: Poll: Do you have any "new year's resolutions" for your aikido training in 2006?

Hi,

I am off the injured list. I'm not perfect, but after 25 years of limping and gimping I'm all better!

Dave

Janet Rosen 01-03-2006 02:54 PM

Re: Poll: Do you have any "new year's resolutions" for your aikido training in 2006?

Yay!
my resolution is, gimp or not, I'm getting into a dogi and onto the mat this wk, even if all I can do is strech and solo practice mimicking what folks are doing together....I have a blown finger extensor and until its evaluated or operated on, I cannot risk further injury, but I also cannot use it as an excuse to stay home!

billybob 01-03-2006 02:56 PM

Great! That's the spirit.

dave

John Boswell 01-03-2006 04:51 PM

My resolution is to get in as much training as I can and *cross fingers* test for Shodan.

But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. This is gonna be along freakin' year... eep!

To do list:

Finish painting the inside of the house and paint the outside.
Bring the new baby into the world. (That's a biggy of course)
Set-up new business and take over my boss' old business.
Pay off my old car and probably get a new(er) one. (Mini van)
Shodan test in November, not to mention all the training between now and then.

So much for taking things easy. HUH! :p

maeukemi 01-03-2006 07:38 PM

Hmm...

Just get back to enjoying my training, rather than pushing so hard.
Remembering that aikido gives me joy, and living as if.
Learning to "trust myself" as my senseis keep telling me (that's a long one).

Maybe fixing my forward rolls? :)

Jerry Miller 01-03-2006 08:53 PM

Well at this point, I am having surgery for a torn meniscus next week. So my resolution will be to recover from that. Also to let my broken finger heal and get my butt back onto the mat!

Jory Boling 01-04-2006 12:15 AM

Firstly, find a dojo in Japan (hopefully it won't be hard- My home dojo now is 50 miles away). Secondly, arrange my schedule for daily training!
Sigh... hat a dream...

happysod 01-04-2006 05:21 AM

not to post on aikiweb anymore

breaking the first resolution always leaves me relaxed and able to ignore all the rest and continue my happy slide into the depths man was not meant to wot of

SeiserL 01-04-2006 09:07 AM

Keep showing up, suiting up, and having a good time.
The rest will come because of that.

Mark Uttech 01-07-2006 02:51 PM

I kept my new years resolution simple: "Do more aikido."