AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426)

AikiWeb System 07-03-2005 12:30 AM

Poll: To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of July 3, 2005:

To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Entirely under your control
  • Very much under your control
  • Somewhat under your control
  • Not very under your control
  • Not at all under your control
Here are the current results.

Jeanne Shepard 07-03-2005 07:17 PM

Re: Poll: To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?

Again, it depends. I try to go all out, and how tired I get depends on what the teacher is presenting that class.

Jeanne

aikigirl10 07-03-2005 07:23 PM

Re: Poll: To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?

I can keep myself from getting tired if i do everything halfway , or if i refuse to do nothing at all. Basically what i saying is , that in my dojo , as long as u are doing what my sensei says to do , there is no way u wont go home tired.

Yann Golanski 07-04-2005 08:49 AM

I voted not at all since in my dojo, the training is geared to push people's limits everytime we train. Then again, we are shodothugs the lot of us: pain is weakness leaving your body and sweat is lazyness pouring out of your body -- to paraphrase another poster on another thread...

Know your limit and always train a little harder.

Dirk Hanss 07-06-2005 08:04 AM

My English is really damned bad.
I entered the discussion, because I did not really understand the question. Something was wrong.
Paige's reply brought me to the idea but I had to read it 3 times again to get it
"To what extend is it under your control, how tired you get in your aikido training?"
And I thought, making sentences difficult was typical for German. Especially for those German, who had some Latin classes. ;)

Usually I am exhausted, at least at the end of the training and I should be able to get it under my control, right breathing, doing the exercises fluently but without hectic, etc. :D

But after the training, sitting in the train to get home, I am not tired at all. At least much less than going home directly after work without training. :)

Dirk

cck 07-06-2005 09:30 AM

Not very much under my control in the sense that I don't choose the techniques we practice and how we practice them. Some days we will hardly break a sweat, and on other days it's all throws and you end up gasping like a fish out of water. What gets me is usually not being nage, it's having to get up again every time I am thrown. So, exponentially, the more throws we do, the more I have to get up and down and run back at my partner = quite exhausted. It does help with breathing, though - once I'm worked over, my only check is to control my breathing. Now, if I could just do that proactively...

ruthmc 07-07-2005 04:09 AM

I'd say it's very much under my control. It's my responsibility to eat so I have sufficient energy to train, to drink so I am hydrated, and to learn economy of movement so I can do more with what energy I have.

Ruth

Jeanne Shepard 07-07-2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

Ruth McWilliam wrote:
I'd say it's very much under my control. It's my responsibility to eat so I have sufficient energy to train, to drink so I am hydrated, and to learn economy of movement so I can do more with what energy I have.

Ruth

Good point, in a bigger picture sort of way.
If I remember to drink enough during the day and eat properly and get enough sleep it has a tremendous impact.

Jeanne

pezalinski 07-27-2005 01:25 PM

I show up, I train, I get tired.

I'm 40 years old - Isn't that supposed to happen?

:)

charron 07-27-2005 02:58 PM

Only if that is what youexpect to happen! :p