AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   grading on tues (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8192)

the slayer 05-22-2005 04:32 PM

grading on tues

hi, doing my grading on tues (hopefully) or tue thur because i have got a lot of disabilities which make me tired and also have bad knees last grading i did knees where alright until i got on the mat doing the warm ups and heard my knees go.sensei shouted my name i shouted hai then ran to front of the mat halfway through knees went carried on all the way through but passed don't know how tho.i am not going to walk or do anything tomorrow to rest my legs and get my energy up for tues my knees are hurting now :uch: do you think resting a day before hand will help? and i am not panicking as much as i did on my 6th and 5th kyu but will be on tue as soon as i get to the dojo how do you relax before your grading so you don't panic when you get there :confused: please help :) : : :triangle: :square: :circle:

Pauliina Lievonen 05-22-2005 07:02 PM

Re: grading on tues

Hi Vicki!
I was visiting you guys in the week before easter course, we trained together a couple times, too.

I'm sure you're going to be fine. :) Resting the day before is probably a good idea. As for the nerves just before testing, see if you can just allow the panic to be there, breathe into it and turn it around into great positive energy to use in the grading. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed on Tuesday, not that you need it, and let us know how it went! Say to hi to everyone from me. :)

kvaak
Pauliina

mj 05-22-2005 07:18 PM

Don't worry about it...just remember how it goes :)

the slayer 05-23-2005 02:47 AM

thanks for the replies.and the tips will tell you how it went. hi paulina will tell the guys and girls you said hi wont forget :)

Nick Simpson 05-23-2005 08:15 AM

Hi Vikki,

Im sure you'll do fine :)

Rest and relaxing cant do any harm, have a hot bath the night before, get a good nights sleep, eat a light meal before the grading and give it a couple of hours to digest. Do a good warm up and listen to what your body is telling you. Most importantly, have a good positive attitude.

Get up and have fun. Look like your enjoying your aikido but also as if nothing bothers you. Remember, the panel is wanting to see you make a mistake so they can see how you deal with it. Just switch to another technique and keep going if something goes wrong.

Tell us how it goes!

the slayer 05-24-2005 05:02 PM

hi, done first half of 4th kyu grading tonight done well first bit but lost it on the second bit i couldn't remember soto kaitenage and some others i was getting tired because of all my disabilities so doing 2nd half (last half ) on thursday tell you's how it went on fri (boyfriend will be hogging the pc on wed thurs)

the slayer 05-27-2005 06:00 AM

hey guys and girls i did it :D i passed my 4th kyu last night still can't beleive it. when sensei said you have passed 4th kyu my brain heard it i heard it but just couldn't beleive it. :blush:

Pauliina Lievonen 05-27-2005 09:57 AM

Woohoo! Congratulations! Well done! :)

Now get back to...oh, excuse me Jun, that's your line... :)

kvaak
Pauliina

the slayer 05-27-2005 11:31 AM

thanks pauliina :) now got to train forthe next one :eek: never stops i just had a look at our 3rd kyu syllabus looks :confused: do know it i think anyway thanks again for saying well done :o

Nick Simpson 05-28-2005 09:09 AM

Well done Vikki!

Jeanne Shepard 05-28-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Pauliina Lievonen wrote:
Woohoo! Congratulations! Well done! :)

Now get back to...oh, excuse me Jun, that's your line... :)

kvaak
Pauliina

No, that's Lynn Seiser's line.

Jeanne :p

the slayer 05-29-2005 12:16 PM

thanks everyone

Lan Powers 05-29-2005 07:29 PM

Congrats Vikki
Lan

the slayer 05-30-2005 06:02 AM