AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: Which movement direction in your body do you think is the most important in aikido techniques? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7942)

AikiWeb System 04-17-2005 12:30 AM

Poll: Which movement direction in your body do you think is the most important in aikido techniques?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of April 17, 2005:

Which movement direction in your body do you think is the most important in aikido techniques?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Forward
  • Backward
  • Upward
  • Downward
Here are the current results.

SeiserL 04-17-2005 10:54 AM

Re: Poll: Which movement direction in your body do you think is the most important in aikido techniques?

In circles.

malsmith 04-17-2005 02:42 PM

Re: Poll: Which movement direction in your body do you think is the most important in aikido techniques?

yeah, circles... or foward is good too.

Alvin H. Nagasawa 04-17-2005 03:20 PM

I would always move in a forward or to enter movement.
think of your Randori training.

I hope this will help in your polling debate.

kironin 04-17-2005 06:56 PM

forward and circles is not the most important

downward is.

;)
or to quote - down is down.

siwilson 04-17-2005 08:44 PM

If it is not forwards, "hen night" what are you doing? :)

As for pulling!!! There is no pull in Aikido! Aikiodo can be said to be the way of pushing! It is all about pushing through the hips!

Hope that helps!

xuzen 04-17-2005 09:19 PM

There are only two movements in aikido, Irimi (entering) and tenkan/kaiten (pivoting) both which are forward motion.

Since we are only allowed one vote, I voted forward. But there is also a very important motion i.e., downwards. Remember class, gravity is our friend. And aikido use the biggest object on this planet to hit their opponent that is Mother Earth herself.

Boon.

siwilson 04-18-2005 05:49 AM

Boon

Spot on!

Ed OConnor 04-18-2005 10:21 AM

Sixty Five:

When an opponent comes forward, move in and greet him; if he wants to pull back, send him on his way.

-Morihei Ueshiba

maikerus 04-18-2005 06:58 PM

Boon...well said :)

--Michael

cck 04-22-2005 12:46 PM

Round and around, hips hips hips (do the twist!). Think that weight is usually directed down, but sometimes comes up from under (if that makes sense at all)

senshincenter 04-22-2005 12:55 PM

I would go off the suggested list and say: spiraling (whether that be upward, forward, downward, backwards, inward, outward, sideways, diagonally, or any combination thereof).

batemanb 04-26-2005 01:57 AM

Quote:

David Valadez wrote:
I would go off the suggested list and say: spiraling (whether that be upward, forward, downward, backwards, inward, outward, sideways, diagonally, or any combination thereof).

I vote for spiralling downwards, I may move forwards or backwards to effect this :D.

rgds

Bryan