AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: Which role were you when you last got injured during aikido practice? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6004)

AikiWeb System 07-11-2004 08:53 AM

Poll: Which role were you when you last got injured during aikido practice?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of July 11, 2004:

Which role were you when you last got injured during aikido practice?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Nage
  • Uke
Here are the current results.

Robert Jackson 07-13-2004 06:57 AM

Re: Poll: Which role were you when you last got injured during aikido practice?

I haven't been notiably injured during Aikido... A few tweeks here and there but never anything I would consider an injury....

Qatana 07-13-2004 07:39 PM

Lets see, i think i was nage when my toe got stuck between the mats. And i think i was nage when my sempai stomped on my foot leaving it bruised for months.
Does that count or do i have to go back to the real injury?

Lan Powers 07-13-2004 10:49 PM

I voted for uke, but with further thought remembered that I got "fingered" in the eye as nage during jiyu-waza last week. Fortunately, no REAL injuries to date on either score...(but you always worry)
:)
Lan

Bronson 07-18-2004 01:23 AM

I voted nage. I was kneeling on one knee with my foot up on the toes and uke landed on my heel. Really thought I'd broken my big toe, can't believe I didn't. That was several months ago and it still hasn't fully recovered.

Bronson

akiy 07-18-2004 08:07 AM

Hi folks,

I guess the interesting part of the last two polls was that there was a slight disparity in the results between:

Which role do you think suffers more injuries during aikido training?
and
Which role were you when you last got injured during aikido practice?
... with the latter poll showing about four percentage points worth of injuries for nage. As always, these polls aren't meant to be truly scientifically accurate, but it's an interesting statistic, nonetheless.

-- Jun

Tim Heckman 07-18-2004 09:20 AM

I couldn't vote... The only time I've been injured was during warmups. I thought that I finally had forward rolling down, even on my left side, and was doing running tumbling (with energy). I collapsed my left arm, landed on my shoulder, and that was the end of that class :hypno: . The general practioner and the orthopedist couldn't find anything wrong, even with X-rays and MRI's, but the shoulder is still a little weak four months later. On the plus side, my forward rolls are better these days.