AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: Are you usually sweating after the initial warm-ups in your aikido classes? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5769)

AikiWeb System 06-06-2004 12:01 AM

Poll: Are you usually sweating after the initial warm-ups in your aikido classes?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of June 6, 2004:

Are you usually sweating after the initial warm-ups in your aikido classes?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Yes
  • No
Here are the current results.

Bronson 06-07-2004 02:02 AM

Re: Poll: Are you usually sweating after the initial warm-ups in your aikido classes?

I'm fat and out of shape. I'm sweating after putting on my gi and hakama :D

Bronson

tiyler_durden 06-07-2004 03:47 AM

Re: Poll: Are you usually sweating after the initial warm-ups in your aikido classes?

Hey,

I also learned that this warmup has not changed since Aikido was developed,is this true?

oh BTW I break out in sweat even combing my hair!!

Tiyler Durden

PeterR 06-07-2004 04:19 AM

Quote:

Tiyler Durden wrote:
I also learned that this warmup has not changed since Aikido was developed,is this true?

Lot's and lot's of variation in warm-up exercises - length, intensity and the exercises themselves.

Karen Wolek 06-07-2004 01:30 PM

Our warm-up is really just stretches and a couple breathing exercises, so my answer was no, I am not sweating after warm-ups. Once in a great while, the instructor has us do some rolls or something....but even then, nope.

Then again, one of the guys asked me the other day during class, "Don't you ever sweat?"

Heh. I'm sweating on the inside? ;)

Qatana 06-07-2004 07:20 PM

Warm ups?

Lachlan Kadick 06-07-2004 08:06 PM

Eh, I sweat, but only after I get a really hard warm-up.... but I must say, I can get really sweaty during class. ^_^

Chuck Clark 06-07-2004 08:17 PM

Everyone is sweating as soon as they bow onto the tatami at the Jiyushinkan... we live in Tempe, Arizona.

xuzen 06-08-2004 02:53 AM

Try doing aikido in an equatorial country like Singopore or Malaysia. You sweat by the buckets. I usually am soaking wet even after the warm up.

Boon

gilsinnj 06-08-2004 08:45 PM

Our warm-ups consist of a combination of yoga exercises to build strength and lung power and standard Aikido warm-ups to prepare your body for practice.

Largo 06-08-2004 11:10 PM

In our dojo, it sometimes varies depending on who's leading the warmups. (but now just comming into the dojo makes me sweat. Japanese summers aren't fun :yuck: )

batemanb 06-09-2004 01:01 AM

Can't find the vote button:( , but absolutely do. Whether it's a gentle stretch, a full jump around, I sweat buckets, but not nearly as much as I did when I was in Japan. I used to sweat of anything between 1 and 2 kilos in a single training session!

drDalek 06-09-2004 05:28 AM

I seem to sweat a lot when I get some aerobic exercise but I wonder if sweating and feeling warm is a good indication that your muscles are "warm" (and relaxed and stretched and flexible)? I require aerobic, conditioning and stretching exercises in my warmups.

Bronson 06-09-2004 01:54 PM

Does anybody else sweat from concentrating? Even if I'm totally still but concentrating intently on something I'll break out in a heavy sweat :yuck:

Bronson