AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HI expect to see LOTS of posts from me, the newbie (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5174)

*Aiki*Jimmy_yan 03-16-2004 10:38 PM

HI expect to see LOTS of posts from me, the newbie

:D HI AIKIDOKAS! I ALREADY FEEL REALLY WELCOME TO AIKIWEB AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST. eXPECT TO SEE ALOT OF POSTS FROM ME! WELL, THATS ALL FOR NOW, THIS IS MY FIRST POST... CYA!:D

*Aiki*Jimmy_yan 03-16-2004 10:42 PM

Hi Everyone!

:ai: :ki: :do: HAS BEEN THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE LIIIIFE! i currently do yoshinkan aikido, and im enjoying it. STUART NORTAN I GO TO UR DOJO HEHE.

:D well, until next time cya everyone! :D

Nick Simpson 03-17-2004 02:53 AM

Welcome to aikiweb Jimmy, hope you have fun.

akiy 03-17-2004 01:25 PM

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction.

Please take care in not using ALL CAPS in your posts as it makes it very difficult to read and is considered "yelling." Also, proper spelling rather than IRC/chat-speak is appreciated.

Thank you,

-- Jun

ikkitosennomusha 03-17-2004 01:31 PM

Thanks Jun for the friendly advice to Jimmy!

Jimmy, if it is your first post, why does it say number 8 on your stats? Just a picky obs.

Also, you are welcome to start a thread etc. but, please refrain in doing so until you have some depth to your post.

Michael Mules 03-17-2004 05:39 PM

let he who is without sin.....

Quote:

Brad Medling (ikkitosennomusha) wrote:
Also, you are welcome to start a thread etc. but, please refrain in doing so until you have some depth to your post.

Don't you think that's being a bit restrictive, Brad? Especially to someone who has mostly posted asking for assistance in the other forums? This is the Introductions forum after all. I could possibly understand such a response if Jimmy were posting on a topic he did not have a good grasp of, but in the introductions forum....?

Oh well. Hi Jimmy, I'll probably see you at training down the track (same organisation, different dojo). And remember, you're an Aussie; your command of the English language is automatically better than those who invented it and those who pronounce "Z" as though it's a sleepy insect :D . (What other english-speaking nation so evocatively expresses its essence with the phrase "Oi, oi, oi"?)

So please may I echo Jun, and ask if you could leave the CAPS key off, and spell all words fully (it makes my poor eyes look like this :eek: and I'm ugly enough already without that happening).

Cheers, Mike

akiy 03-17-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Brad Medling (ikkitosennomusha) wrote:

Actually, anyone regardless of experience is welcome to start threads here in the AikiWeb Forums...

-- Jun

stuartjvnorton 03-17-2004 06:04 PM

Re: let he who is without sin.....

Quote:

Michael Mules wrote:
Hi Jimmy, I'll probably see you at training down the track (same organisation, different dojo).

Hey Mike,

Which dojo do you train at?

Seems there's a few Shudokan people here. :-)

Cheers,

Stuart.

Michael Mules 03-17-2004 06:25 PM

Hi Stuart, I've started up again at the Thornbury dojo. I'm there 2-3 times a week at the moment, mostly Tuesdays, Thursdays (but not this one) and Saturday arvos. I may well have seen you there - I'm the white belt (well, 5th kyu) at the far end!

Cheers, Mike

stuartjvnorton 03-17-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Michael Mules wrote:
Hi Stuart, I've started up again at the Thornbury dojo. I'm there 2-3 times a week at the moment, mostly Tuesdays, Thursdays (but not this one) and Saturday arvos. I may well have seen you there - I'm the white belt (well, 5th kyu) at the far end!

Cheers, Mike

I've been off for a couple of weeks but I'm planning to be back on Saturday, so I'll hopefully see you there. :-)

ikkitosennomusha 03-17-2004 07:59 PM

I didn't mean to sound prude and I wasn't aware that this thread originated in the introductions column. After all, if you can request not to use caps (which you find annoying), then I can request to have some depth (which I find interesting). I am not referring to depth as experience. IMHO, almost anything has to be more deep than asking about cartwheels which I took as a sick joke. Maybe I am wrong and they actually do cartwheels in his style?

It is just my preference to click on a thread a read real aikido situations and not rif raf. I would also like to see the integrity maintained on this site as jokers have ruined others. Its just a silly request guys which I am entitled to, right? Lighten up!

Brad

*Aiki*Jimmy_yan 04-06-2004 11:15 PM

iiim back! sry i havnt posted for so long, i was grounded ... dont ask what i did lol