AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements & Feedback (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Editing/Deleting Posts - 15 Minute Window (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2527)

akiy 09-06-2002 09:18 AM

Editing/Deleting Posts - 15 Minute Window

Hi everyone,

I have changed the setting that allows people to edit/delete postings so that such actions are only allowed up to fifteen minutes after the post has been made.

Please take care in re-reading what you're writing before you submit it to the Forums.

Thank you,

-- Jun

DaveO 09-06-2002 10:09 AM

Whaddaya, whaddaya; you mean I only have 15 minutes to proofread? Geez, I can only move my lips so fast, y'know!

:D

Dave

akiy 09-17-2002 09:41 PM

Hi folks,

Just another reminder that there is now only a fifteen minute window after you submit a post to edit or delete it.

Please re-read what you post before you push the "Submit" button and be responsible for what you write!

-- Jun

Lan Powers 01-10-2003 11:24 AM

Hi Jun

Thanks for the edit feature.........I just found out that it works , so 15 minutes is no big thing.(Was unaware I could edit after posting at all). this is a great structure to work within. I have a friend who is interested in knowing what program you used to build this site. (I don't know enough to have any knowledge about that) He does lot of on-line sites and I know he would appreciate it. Thanks

I regestered for the message board so I can receive e-mails or inst mess either.........I think.:)

See ya

Lan

kung fu hamster 01-10-2003 11:48 AM

I am a computer (some say complete) idiot. Can someone please give detailed instructions on how to delete an entry that has already been posted?

Many thanks, :)

akiy 01-10-2003 11:51 AM

Hi Linda,

It's in the FAQ:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/misc.p...aq&page=3#edit

Hope that helps.

-- Jun

kung fu hamster 01-11-2003 05:59 PM

Thank you, Jun...

:)

akiy 01-31-2004 08:45 AM

Hi folks,

Just another quick pointer that you have fifteen minutes after you've submitted a post to edit or delete it.

As such, please be sure to re-read and consider what you post before you push the "Submit" button and be responsible for what you write!

Thank you,

-- Jun

tedehara 01-19-2006 02:41 PM

Re: Edit/Delete Option

After recently posting, I discovered no editing/delete option. Is this something new?
:confused: Confused - Son of Confucius

akiy 01-19-2006 04:33 PM

You don't see an "edit" icon near the bottom right of your posted message?

-- Jun

tedehara 01-19-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Jun Akiyama wrote:
You don't see an "edit" icon near the bottom right of your posted message?

-- Jun

I don't even see it on the page you linked to. I'm using Mozilla Foxfire 1.04.

akiy 01-19-2006 10:49 PM

Hi Ted,

I would try using a different browser or a different computer all together to see if you experience the same problem of not being able to see the edit icon. Doing this will enable you to pinpoint whether it's your browser, computer, or your account here on AikiWeb that's causing the problem. You'll have to post something, though, to see the edit icon (which will be near the bottom right of your post next to the "quote" icon) as it will disappear fifteen minutes after the post has been created.

Are there any others who are having the same problem (of not seeing the "edit" icon within fifteen minutes of their post)?

-- Jun

Jerry Miller 01-19-2006 11:20 PM

Checking for the edit button.

Well I saw the button and edited. Firefox 1.5

Chuck Clark 02-26-2006 02:55 PM

Thanks for the info.

roadster 11-06-2007 07:56 AM

doh! Just means I have to post twice, once right after the other instead of adding to my OP.

Walter Martindale 03-21-2008 03:04 PM

Hi Jun,
How about a "cancel" feature - when typing occasionally I decide that I don't want to post after all, for various reasons (changed mind, ran out of time to complete the thought, etc.), and have to close the browser to kill the reply.
Do you have (somewhere) a "cancel reply" to save one from posting then going in and edit/delete the post?
Cheers,
W

akiy 03-21-2008 03:07 PM

Hi Walter,

Couldn't you just click on the "back" button of your browser? I would think that doing so would just take you back to where you were before you started composing the reply.

Best,

-- Jun

Walter Martindale 03-22-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Jun Akiyama wrote: (Post 202289)
Hi Walter,

Couldn't you just click on the "back" button of your browser? I would think that doing so would just take you back to where you were before you started composing the reply.

Best,

-- Jun

D'oh. I guess that would work. When we're composing, are the data resident on our machines (as I suspect) or on the server?
Thanks - it was too obvious.
W

akiy 01-15-2009 02:47 PM

Hi Walter,

While you are composing, what you write still sits on your computer and is not stored on the server.

Hope that helps,

-- Jun

Melchizedek 12-06-2009 11:51 PM

Re: Editing/Deleting Posts - 15 Minute Window

Thanks Jun,

thats very considerate of you to make a difference,
15 mins. is a very long time to edit im not quite a writer. i think thats fair enough.