AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Discussions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23107)

David Orange 11-06-2013 08:14 AM

Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
In various threads, I've been criticized for saying a nuclear plant could "blow up" or "explode," spewing nuclear material around the area and resulting in many deaths.

While the Fukushima disaster has not yet produced any great number of verifiable deaths and the government is covering up medical information on children with thyroid cysts and tumors, bleeding, etc., new information suggests that the explosion was NOT a hydrogen explosion, as TEPCO claimed, but an actual NUCLEAR explosion:

"‘I watched video of the Reactor 3 explosion,' said veteran Japanese nuclear-reactor designer Setsuo Fujiwara. ‘There was an orange flash, which suggests the temperature must have been thousands of degrees centigrade before the explosion. Then there was black smoke.' Fujiwara insisted to me that a hydrogen explosion created white smoke and steam, as witnessed after the Reactor 1 building was torn apart. He continued, ‘The second piece of evidence is that plutonium was scattered about after this blast. Plutonium is consistent with the mixed oxide fuel [used in Reactor 3]. The third point is that the Reactor 3 building was bent like candy, unlike the Reactor 1 building, where the steel framework remained intact. So this could only mean it was a nuclear explosion.'"
http://enenews.com/reactor-designer-...highest-levels

Not pleasing to me, but it does need to be established that nuclear plants can blow up with nuclear explosions and spew "contained" nuclear material into the environment.

Now the question is how to disarm ALL these ticking time bombs. The US has many such facilities as the GE reactors at Fukushima, many of them situated on earthquake fault lines and many of them leaking and releasing nuclear contamination on a regular basis.

There should be no question remaining that nuclear power CANNOT be safely generated over a long period of time. It's far past time to decommission EVERY nuclear power plant in the world.

Tore Eriksson 11-06-2013 08:15 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

David Orange wrote: (Post 331978)
In various threads, I've been criticized for saying a nuclear plant could "blow up" or "explode," spewing nuclear material around the area and resulting in many deaths.

FUD removed

Quote:

There should be no question remaining that nuclear power CANNOT be safely generated over a long period of time. It's far past time to decommission EVERY nuclear power plant in the world.
David, I really can't see the point of bringing this discussion to Aikiweb. Also, as someone residing in Japan I also take offense at all this fear-mongering, using unsubstantiated claims about the disaster to push a political agenda.

Cliff Judge 11-07-2013 07:49 AM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Burning fossil fuels damages the environment when everything is operating normally.

Rupert Atkinson 11-07-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

Tore Eriksson wrote: (Post 331998)
FUD removed

David, I really can't see the point of bringing this discussion to Aikiweb. Also, as someone residing in Japan I also take offense at all this fear-mongering, using unsubstantiated claims about the disaster to push a political agenda.

I have been following Fukushima for two years. I used to be a radiographer and, while I don't understand everything, I probably know more than the average person. If you want to hear an expert who has actually done some hands on down-to-earth (literally) research check out Chris Busby. I don't want to believe it ... but maybe you need to be better informed. I was in Japan last year for 6 months - there is almost nothing in Japanese media about this ... but it is in people's minds of you talk to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9pk42kdL4k

What ever you think, there is a lot that needs to be done. A lot. It is no use burying your head in the sand on this one.

Chris Busby has put out several vids over the last two years. Check them out.

Tore Eriksson 11-07-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

Rupert Atkinson wrote: (Post 332037)
I have been following Fukushima for two years. I used to be a radiographer and, while I don't understand everything, I probably know more than the average person. If you want to hear an expert who has actually done some hands on down-to-earth (literally) research check out Chris Busby. I don't want to believe it ... but maybe you need to be better informed. I was in Japan last year for 6 months - there is almost nothing in Japanese media about this ... but it is in people's minds of you talk to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9pk42kdL4k

What ever you think, there is a lot that needs to be done. A lot. It is no use burying your head in the sand on this one.

Chris Busby has put out several vids over the last two years. Check them out.

Let's check out the man himself instead...

No more from me on this issue. Have a nice day.

lbb 11-07-2013 08:53 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 

Rupert Atkinson 11-07-2013 10:54 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Japanese politician causes uproar by giving letter on Fukushima to emperor

Taro Yamamoto faces criticism after handing note to Emperor Akihito at garden party in breach of strict protocol

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ushima-emperor

I wonder if he got to read it.

David Orange 11-08-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

Tore Eriksson wrote: (Post 331998)
FUD removed

David, I really can't see the point of bringing this discussion to Aikiweb. Also, as someone residing in Japan I also take offense at all this fear-mongering, using unsubstantiated claims about the disaster to push a political agenda.

Tore, we've had a number of these discussions here. And it's not a political agenda. It's just a continuation of a long disagreement over whether a nuclear plant can "explode."

From what I'm hearing, no matter where we live, if the fuel pool blows, we'll all regret it.

I don't thin we should let it slide from our consciousness.

Best to you and yours.

David

David Orange 11-08-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

Mary Malmros wrote: (Post 332048)

It would be more appropriate if the beaten horse were to explode with a mushroom cloud….

David Orange 11-08-2013 11:02 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

Mary Malmros wrote: (Post 332048)

If it were really dead, there would be no reason to mention it, but this horse is likely to rise again and run wild across the earth. Spreading flowers, of course, but still...

David Orange 11-08-2013 11:07 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

David Orange wrote: (Post 332100)
If it were really dead, there would be no reason to mention it, but this horse is likely to rise again and run wild across the earth. Spreading flowers, of course, but still...

And it's hardly "beating a dead horse" when we still have many of those GE plants in operation in the US, many on fault lines. The point here is that ANY of those plants could very well "explode" in the same way at almost any time. Sure, it might take an earthquake, but I think there are over 20 nuclear plants on the New Madrid fault line, so it's not purely theoretical musing. These things are a continuing threat to all human life.

David Orange 01-14-2014 09:51 AM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
And Dr. Helen Caldicott is hardly an ignorant alarmist. She understands the difference between becquerels and roentgens, etc. And she agrees with me.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...arly-explains/

Chilling.

Rupert Atkinson 01-14-2014 05:26 PM

Re: Looks like Fukushima WAS a Nuclear Explosion
 
Quote:

David Orange wrote: (Post 334190)
And Dr. Helen Caldicott is hardly an ignorant alarmist. She understands the difference between becquerels and roentgens, etc. And she agrees with me.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...arly-explains/

Chilling.

I certainly see this all as very serious. Right now I have to decide whether to go to Japan or not. Normally it would have been so easy ... but I have been procrastinating ... but will probably go. I used to be a radiographer (1980s). I got out after Chernobyl woke me up. But, I have to say, I have learned more about radiation over the last two years than I knew when I was working in the industry... chilling - is certainly the right word.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.