AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Discussions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22912)

David Norton 08-24-2013 05:54 AM

Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Does anyone have any experience with the web site dojolocator.com?

I am in the process of opening a new dojo, and (as I'm sure many are aware) am on a very tight budget. I have not set up the dojo's web page yet, so this would be my "interim web presence".

Listing is free at dojolocator.com, but I wondered if there are any hidden costs - spam, pressure to upgrade to "premium" service (for premium price), etc.

But looking at it from the point of view of someone new to martial arts who is trying to find a dojo in his/her area, it seems like it's a good jumping off point.

What do you think?

Malicat 08-24-2013 06:27 AM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Quote:

David Norton wrote: (Post 329219)
Does anyone have any experience with the web site dojolocator.com?

I am in the process of opening a new dojo, and (as I'm sure many are aware) am on a very tight budget. I have not set up the dojo's web page yet, so this would be my "interim web presence".

Listing is free at dojolocator.com, but I wondered if there are any hidden costs - spam, pressure to upgrade to "premium" service (for premium price), etc.

But looking at it from the point of view of someone new to martial arts who is trying to find a dojo in his/her area, it seems like it's a good jumping off point.

What do you think?

While it's probably not a bad thing, I will point out that I listed our dojo there about a year ago, never paid for anything upgraded, and I just did a search and we aren't even showing up. So while it's probably not a scam, I also don't know that it's going to get you any exposure.

--Ashley

Janet Rosen 08-24-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Make sure to get listed here on aikiweb's dojo search! and you might check out the newly up and running e-budo.com

odudog 08-24-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Another dojo in the DMV. Nice!! Welcome to the area from Dale City Aikikai (VA near Potomac Mills Mall - under Sakamoto Sensei tutelage).

David Norton 08-25-2013 04:32 AM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Quote:

Janet Rosen wrote: (Post 329228)
Make sure to get listed here on aikiweb's dojo search!

Already submitted, thanks!

Quote:

Janet Rosen wrote: (Post 329228)
and you might check out the newly up and running e-budo.com

Registered! Thanks, again!!

David Norton 08-25-2013 04:52 AM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Quote:

Mike Braxton wrote: (Post 329231)
Another dojo in the DMV. Nice!! Welcome to the area from Dale City Aikikai (VA near Potomac Mills Mall - under Sakamoto Sensei tutelage).

Thanks, Mike! I hope to see you soon...

Cady Goldfield 08-29-2013 05:30 PM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
If you use Facebook, or are not averse to trying it, you also can have a dojo page there, just as Jun has an AikiWeb Facebook page. Then you have your friends and acquaintances "Like" and share the page with others, and it goes viral. You also can post your FB link in your signature on Internet forums where you participate, and even put it on your business card, etc.

Cady Goldfield 08-29-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Dojolocator.com - scam or useful tool?
 
Quote:

David Norton wrote: (Post 329233)
Registered! Thanks, again!!

I'm a moderator on E-Budo, and while we don't have a sub-forum or area specifically for listing Aikido dojos, you are welcome to post a thread introducing yourself and your new dojo in the New Members intro section. Also, when you do open the school, you can announce it in the Members Lounge, and could ask the moderator for the Aikido forum, Peter Goldsbury (a major presence right here on AikiWeb, too!) whether it would be okay to post it there as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.