AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MMA should be a crime (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22692)

JLRonin 05-18-2013 05:15 PM

MMA should be a crime
 
I was watching a program and I observed someone wearing a t-shirt that said "miming should be a crime"
That put me in thought...hmmm......"MMA should be a crime"

Hellis 05-18-2013 07:01 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Hmmm.............On Tv - I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that said ` Numpty ` on the back and front, was that you ??

Henry Ellis
Co-author of `Positive Aikido `
http://rik-ellis.blogspot.com/

JLRonin 05-18-2013 09:35 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
hmmm... I don't know, you sure it didn't read humpty?
never been on tv. maybe it was a candid camera thing.

nice web site by the way.

Michael Hackett 05-19-2013 04:10 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Julio, were you being ironic, or do you have an actual opinion that MMA should be criminal? If the latter, why?

Demetrio Cereijo 05-19-2013 04:27 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Yes, close the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

PeterR 05-20-2013 10:51 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Miming has a long history of inflicting deep emotional trauma against unsuspecting innocents. A clear case for banning.

MMA like many martial arts only really has one victim - our own self-delusions.

:D

Keith Larman 05-20-2013 01:00 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

Henry Ellis wrote: (Post 326813)
Hmmm.............On Tv - I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that said ` Numpty ` on the back and front, was that you ??

Henry Ellis
Co-author of `Positive Aikido `
http://rik-ellis.blogspot.com/

:)

I think I need that shirt. Well, maybe one with an arrow pointing sideways that says "I'm with numpty". Would be great for sword shows...

P.S. Tis a favorite word of a Scottish friend of mine. Wish I had the accent as it sounds oh-so-much better in context...

Dan Rubin 05-21-2013 10:48 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

Keith Larman wrote: (Post 326834)
I think I need that shirt. Well, maybe one with an arrow pointing sideways that says "I'm with numpty".

http://www.slanjkilts.com/vmchk/Leis...y-T-Shirt.html

Hellis 05-21-2013 11:38 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

Dan Rubin wrote: (Post 326860)

Hi

Keith's comment made me laugh :) - but, that Numpty t-shirt is simply brilliant. :D

Henry Ellis
Co-author ` Positive Aikido`.
http://rik-ellis.blogspot.com/

Rob Watson 06-19-2013 07:33 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
MMA is a crime unless "perpetrated" in a ring/cage/octagon then it is a sport. Miming without proper sanction is frowned upon by the International Brotherhood of Mimes. Get thee to hombu.

Aikibu 06-19-2013 10:01 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Tomatoes should be a crime not MMA.

William Hazen

Hellis 06-20-2013 03:14 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

William Hazen wrote: (Post 327470)
Tomatoes should be a crime not MMA.

William Hazen

William

The OP has not been back to defend his reason for making MMA a crime ?? maybe he will join you in making Tomatoes a crime. I think all tomatoes should be given the electric chair and fried.

Henry Ellis
Co-author `Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-stories.blogspot.co.uk

Aikibu 06-20-2013 10:24 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

Henry Ellis wrote: (Post 327477)
William

The OP has not been back to defend his reason for making MMA a crime ?? maybe he will join you in making Tomatoes a crime. I think all tomatoes should be given the electric chair and fried.

Henry Ellis
Co-author `Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-stories.blogspot.co.uk

Agreed. Especially the green ones! :D

William Hazen

JP3 06-22-2013 12:41 PM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Henry, I had the pleasure of my friends from the U.K. visiting my wife and I here in Houston in May for a while, and he introduced me to the word, "Numpty." Hilarious.

Great word to use here in the States, nobody knows what it is, so you can fling it about with impunity. Until they ask, that is I suppose.

Hellis 06-24-2013 09:32 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
Quote:

John Powell wrote: (Post 327515)
Henry, I had the pleasure of my friends from the U.K. visiting my wife and I here in Houston in May for a while, and he introduced me to the word, "Numpty." Hilarious.

Great word to use here in the States, nobody knows what it is, so you can fling it about with impunity. Until they ask, that is I suppose.

I did like this T-Shirt from Dan Rubin - I am sure that your English friends would find it as funny as I did -
Dan Rubin wrote: View Post http://www.slanjkilts.com/vmchk/Leis...y-T-Shirt.html

Henry Ellis
Co-author `Positive Aikido`
http://britishaikido.blogspot.com/

Bill Danosky 09-03-2013 10:21 AM

Re: MMA should be a crime
 
I bet the people who were heavily invested in the world being flat wanted globes to be outlawed, too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.