AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Websites (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kajo (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22202)

Leonaiki 01-17-2013 09:44 AM

Kajo

Hi all,:)

the translation of the Kajo series in Takemusu Aikido Intercontinental keeps going.

For those who haven't read the first articles, the Kajo series is a brilliant and provokative analysis of the underlying structure of BUDO, the only book ever written by O sensei. The analysis is done on the basis of the Japanese original version and not the edited versions... ;)

Kajo 18 and Kajo 19 are now available.

The last Kajos will be translated in the coming weeks.
(Please shout in PM if something in the translation seems awkward)

Please, read, enjoy and comment (on the website rather than here if you want an answer from Philippe Voarino)

Gambarimasho !

Demetrio Cereijo 01-17-2013 10:36 AM

Re: Kajo

Hi Leon,

Very interesting.

BTW, the link to suwariwaza in the main page does not work.

Leonaiki 01-18-2013 03:59 AM

Thks a bunch Demetrios
Fixed.

Leonaiki 01-25-2013 05:26 AM

Hi All,

The Kajo 20 is available in English (on 23 issues).

Again shout in PM (gently) if something is not clear.

We reach a point here where one may feel the need to read from the beginning in order to get the best out the series. Thanks to professor Goldsburry for his kind appreciation.

Enjoy, react, comment.:)

L

Leonaiki 02-05-2013 09:59 AM

Hello everyone,

Many thanks to Ellis Amdur for the kind words found in this post: There is a phenomenal series entitled KAJO, that takes this far further and with more rigor. The writer, proves, I believe, what I've long asserted - that Osensei consciously selected specific techniques from the larger corpus of Daito-ryu for specific training purposes. This essay takes into account Roppo (six directions) - and, in my view, establishes that the particular techniques (including kokyunage/iriminage from the 1930's (...) were structures as a comprehensive "container" for IS training, as Ueshiba viewed it.

The Kajo 20 and Kajo 21 are now available in English.

Please read, enjoy, react, share :)

Gambarimasho !

Leonaiki 02-11-2013 09:28 AM

Hello there,

the kajo 22 is now translated and available. Only more to go...

Enjoy, share, comment...

:)

Leonaiki 05-15-2013 02:57 PM

WIth many apologies for the delay, here is the final article on Kajos written by Philippe Voarino.

=====

I can only speak for myself but this series has completely changed my view on Aikido.

As E.Amdur noticed, the rigor of analysis is plain astonishing but I would also add very rich in its content.

The structure revealed in O sensei's book Budo is extremely impressive in many ways but also and above all very useful on a practical level.

It has completely changed my view on AIkido and provided so many keys I can't but encourage the readers to read the articles thoroughly.

Gambarimasho.
:)