AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New Aikido videos available on You Tube... (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21953)

nickregnier1 11-10-2012 09:58 AM

New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Hi everyone,

Just thought you might be interested in viewing 3 new videos that are on youtube...

Hanmi Handachi techniques:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnhvcesuX9o
Kihon techniques shown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjRejs8A33A
Happo giri and 7 Ken suburi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr5gj-_OLJg

Enjoy.

grondahl 11-10-2012 02:24 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
It looks like your shoulder pops up in tai no henko.

nickregnier1 11-11-2012 04:46 AM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Quote:

Peter Gröndahl wrote: (Post 318799)
It looks like your shoulder pops up in tai no henko.

Thanks but I have had a look again and cannot see this happening... :blush:

robin_jet_alt 11-11-2012 05:02 AM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Quote:

Nick Regnier wrote: (Post 318844)
Thanks but I have had a look again and cannot see this happening... :blush:

I do though. Just a bit, but it is there... Nice vids though.

ChrisHein 11-11-2012 01:27 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
On your Morote dori Kokyu Nage, what is your main point in making the throw happen? Not that I think there is anything particularly wrong with it, it looks fine. But what is the main device that is making the throw happen?

nickregnier1 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Quote:

Chris Hein wrote: (Post 318864)
On your Morote dori Kokyu Nage, what is your main point in making the throw happen? Not that I think there is anything particularly wrong with it, it looks fine. But what is the main device that is making the throw happen?

Actually the technique is not called 'Morote Dori Kokyu Nage' BUT Morote Dori Kokyu Ho and that is the big difference. We are not trying to throw our partner but practice the Kokyu feeling, which is in all Aikido techniques. So the point of making the throw happen is not the primary goal, but Kokyu feeling with the right turning of the hips with correct body position, which naturally make the throw happen... I hope I have clarified and answered your question. Ultimately one needs to practice the technique to understand what this all about...

ChrisHein 11-11-2012 05:28 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
I've trained in the Iwama tradition, I'm familiar with Kokyu Ho. Usually we only practice kokyu ho from suwari waza, but I think I understand what you mean. How would you do your Kokyu nage from morote dori different then your kokyu ho, if you were doing a kokyu nage that is.

nickregnier1 11-12-2012 02:04 AM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Quote:

Chris Hein wrote: (Post 318874)
I've trained in the Iwama tradition, I'm familiar with Kokyu Ho. Usually we only practice kokyu ho from suwari waza, but I think I understand what you mean. How would you do your Kokyu nage from morote dori different then your kokyu ho, if you were doing a kokyu nage that is.

Dear Chris, sure I have another video that I had posted a few months ago see the link below and at 3.24s of this video I execute the morote dori kokyu nage technique...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRfjLNCklY

Take care,

Rob Watson 11-19-2012 03:04 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
In case any are keeping score there is 6 different kokyu nage from morotedori in Saito "Takemusu Aiki" series of books. Also there are even other different ones in the "Traditional Aikido" series of books.

In practice there are shown several other methods not shown in either book.

ChrisHein 11-19-2012 03:34 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Keeping track of Saito Sensei and "kokyu nage" gets to be pretty hard pretty quick, even from just one attack!

ChrisHein 11-19-2012 03:43 PM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Your Kokyu Nage at 3:24 is a good example of using Kokyu nage as a catch-all term in the Iwama system. I would now call that throw a maeotoshi henko, I always think of the classical, hip to hip throw as kokyu nage, like your kokyu-ho demonstrated in the first video. While it's not hard for a mid level student to understand that all throws using kokyu extension can be called kokyu nage, it can get very challenging for new students to get an idea what the throw is.

nickregnier1 11-20-2012 06:31 AM

Re: New Aikido videos available on You Tube...
 
Quote:

Robert M Watson Jr wrote: (Post 319396)
In case any are keeping score there is 6 different kokyu nage from morotedori in Saito "Takemusu Aiki" series of books. Also there are even other different ones in the "Traditional Aikido" series of books.

In practice there are shown several other methods not shown in either book.

Quote:

Chris Hein wrote: (Post 319401)
Your Kokyu Nage at 3:24 is a good example of using Kokyu nage as a catch-all term in the Iwama system. I would now call that throw a maeotoshi henko, I always think of the classical, hip to hip throw as kokyu nage, like your kokyu-ho demonstrated in the first video. While it's not hard for a mid level student to understand that all throws using kokyu extension can be called kokyu nage, it can get very challenging for new students to get an idea what the throw is.

I agree with you. the Iwama system is quite comprehensive and can take a while to understand the layers of techniques and its logic...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.