AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Techniques (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help of tecnics (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21432)

Machaka 06-20-2012 10:20 AM

Help of tecnics
 
Dear Partners of Aikido:

In the pursuit of learning many things I learned basic and complex techniques, but I found something that I do not now how to solve it.

Someone of you can send me a link to a video of these techniques?:

Nanakyo
7. principle = Yonkyo applied to back of wrist

Hakyo
8. principle = kote-ori-kakae-kimi, kuji-dori = Nikyo in which his elbow is in your armpit and his hand is pulled forward; Pinning their hand with your foot

Kukyo
9. principle = Inverted nanakyo

Jukyo
10.principle =

I realy need to see a video for understanding this.

Mary Eastland 06-20-2012 12:33 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Hi Andres: I would go to youtube if I was you.

Machaka 06-20-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Mary Eastland wrote: (Post 311272)
Hi Andres: I would go to youtube if I was you.

Thanks, but I found nothing. I hope someone can give me a link to a video that is really what I'm looking for. Thanks for help ;)

Dan Rubin 06-20-2012 05:04 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Nanakyo? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6s...-nanakyo_sport

Kukyo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB3H1LHdXUg

Jukyo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-aoChdN90o

sakumeikan 06-20-2012 05:47 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Dan,
No 1-a poor variant of Sankyo.2,A convoluted Kokyu Ho 3.A n aihamni udegarame nage.Cheers, Joe.

Dan Rubin 06-20-2012 07:26 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Joe Curran wrote: (Post 311279)
Dan,
No 1-a poor variant of Sankyo.2,A convoluted Kokyu Ho 3.A n aihamni udegarame nage.Cheers, Joe.

Joe

I've never heard of aikido techniques numbered past gokyo. I just found these on the internet (I googled "aikido nanakyo," etc.) and thought they might be what the OP is looking for. I think the OP got his list off aikidofaq.

I offer no opinion as to the validity or quality of the demonstrated techniques.

sorokod 06-21-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Dan Rubin wrote: (Post 311282)
Joe

I've never heard of aikido techniques numbered past gokyo

Rokkyo from ai hanmi and gyaku hanmi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGZkWQEHOTQ#t=00m15s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGZkWQEHOTQ#t=00m28s

Marc Abrams 06-21-2012 09:45 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

David Soroko wrote: (Post 311296)

David:

Who uses a knife like that? Leaning forward, keeping the blade dead while out in front, spare hand lifeless..... I know that the purpose is for an instructional video, but geez, this guy should be attacking in a cleaner manner than that (I would hope). That kind of stuff looks good for the Zombie TV series, but outside of that.......

Regards,

Marc Abrams

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
First I want to thank you for the concern to find the video.

I think it is not what I'm looking, I have my doubts as to whether these techniques you see in the videos are, they ar not the techniques described in Japanese.

But thank you very much anyway.

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:17 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Joe Curran wrote: (Post 311279)
Dan,
No 1-a poor variant of Sankyo.2,A convoluted Kokyu Ho 3.A n aihamni udegarame nage.Cheers, Joe.

Thank you very much for commenting.

N°1= I think the video is like a Priemer NIKKYO or SANKKYO

N°2= The second, as you well say is like a KOKYU HO or NANAMEKOKYU, not a : kote-ori-kakae-kimi, kuji-dori = Nikyo in which his elbow is in your armpit and his hand is pulled forward; Pinning their hand with your foot

N°3= The third is like a IKKYO and then projected, not a : Inverted nanakyo

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:19 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

David Soroko wrote: (Post 311296)

Thank you very much for looking videos.
Rokkyo already know, and the other techniques are not what I'm looking for.

But thank you very much anyway.

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:23 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
First I want to thank you for the concern to find the video.

I think it is NOT what I'm looking, I have my doubts as to whether these techniques you see in the videos are really the techniques described in Japanese.

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:24 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Dan Rubin wrote: (Post 311282)
Joe

I've never heard of aikido techniques numbered past gokyo. I just found these on the internet (I googled "aikido nanakyo," etc.) and thought they might be what the OP is looking for. I think the OP got his list off aikidofaq.

I offer no opinion as to the validity or quality of the demonstrated techniques.

First I want to thank you for the concern to find the video.

I think it is what I'm looking, I have my doubts as to whether these techniques you see in the videos are really the techniques described in Japanese.

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:26 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

David Soroko wrote: (Post 311296)

Thank you very much for looking videos.
Rokkyo already know, and the other techniques are not what I'm looking for.

Machaka 06-21-2012 10:28 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Could someone record a video and put it on yotube where you show these techniques?.

Janet Rosen 06-21-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Andrés Weber wrote: (Post 311308)
Could someone record a video and put it on yotube where you show these techniques?.

That's an awful lot to ask of strangers.

Machaka 06-21-2012 11:04 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Janet Rosen wrote: (Post 311312)
That's an awful lot to ask of strangers.

My apologies if I ask something that is not authorized.

The question is only with good intentions and only with the desire to learn more of AIKIDO

Janet Rosen 06-21-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Andrés, clearly people are attempting to help you by posting links, but all you can say is that is not the right technique.
So if you cannot even explain what you want using names of techniques that people know, how can anybody take the time and energy to go to the dojo with a video camera and start making videos that are probably not what you are looking for?
Why don't you ask your sensei or sempai to make videos?

sorokod 06-21-2012 05:08 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Marc Abrams wrote: (Post 311297)
David:

Who uses a knife like that? Leaning forward, keeping the blade dead while out in front, spare hand lifeless..... I know that the purpose is for an instructional video, but geez, this guy should be attacking in a cleaner manner than that (I would hope). That kind of stuff looks good for the Zombie TV series, but outside of that.......

Regards,

Marc Abrams

Marc, information on the participants is attached to the YouTube video. You can contact the uke with your concerns.

Basia Halliop 06-21-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
The names you're thinking of don't seem to be used often.

Really, I'm not sure if anyone will know what you're talking about without you giving them a video anyway.

Machaka 06-22-2012 07:36 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Janet Rosen wrote: (Post 311362)
Andrés, clearly people are attempting to help you by posting links, but all you can say is that is not the right technique.
So if you cannot even explain what you want using names of techniques that people know, how can anybody take the time and energy to go to the dojo with a video camera and start making videos that are probably not what you are looking for?
Why don't you ask your sensei or sempai to make videos?

Thank you very much for giving your opinion and want to help.

Here in Chile, ouer options are very limited, these techniques are not common. I was hoping that someone on this board could help. I have 9 years practicing aikido and I've never seen, only know them by name. I do not belong in any federation and it is very difficult for some Japanese can help me.

the videos, I believe that not similar to the names and it is not in the comments that the technique is clear.

I'm just asking for some help and if anyone knows these techniques can explain to me, with viedeo or words or images.

Machaka 06-22-2012 07:44 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Basia Halliop wrote: (Post 311378)
The names you're thinking of don't seem to be used often.

Really, I'm not sure if anyone will know what you're talking about without you giving them a video anyway.

Thank you very much

I agree with you, they are very gimmicky techniques, I can make a video, but I think it makes no sense to do Ikkyo, Nikkyo, Sankyo, Yonkyo, Gokyo, Rokyo, because I want to learn Nannakyo, Hakyo, Kukyo and Jukyo.

Dan Rubin 06-22-2012 08:26 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

David Soroko wrote: (Post 311296)

Thanks, David. I knew that. I should have said that I've never heard of aikido techniques numbered past rokyo. The problem is that I can't count past gokyo. :)

JohnSeavitt 06-22-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Andrés Weber wrote: (Post 311435)
... because I want to learn Nannakyo, Hakyo, Kukyo and Jukyo ...

There's been a bit of discussion here in the past, of course, on this subject - that is, the quite-varied practice, provenance, and nomenclature for the less-frequently encountered waza ... see perhaps:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8033

There's only limited technical details (and I think only for nanakyo, or at least, that which is sometimes called nanakyo by some people). I stopped looking but I think there was also some past discussion on when and by whom some these entered some aikido curriculum ...

John

sorokod 06-22-2012 11:27 AM

Re: Help of tecnics
 
Quote:

Dan Rubin wrote: (Post 311439)
Thanks, David. I knew that. I should have said that I've never heard of aikido techniques numbered past rokyo. The problem is that I can't count past gokyo. :)

I am sure there is a You Tube video to fix that :-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.