AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21365)

DH 05-31-2012 10:47 AM

Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Hello everyone
I would suspect this is going to be filled up fairly soon. Attendence is limited and I will make space for a few newbies like I always do, but the focus is on prior attendees who are working with me, so we can buckle down and just work. Lately, I have changed the venue to more repetition and deepening of the work. There is no dog and pony show and introductory material. I am pleased to say people are getting heavier and softer and thinking more clearly.
Location:
Orange County Aiki Kai
2525 N. Grand Avenue, Suite Z
Santa Ana, CA 92705

I may be throwing in a free Friday night class- it depends on the dojo fee for the weekend.

Costs
Price is up a bit for this one due to travel costs and fees that have to be paid.
$195.00 to PayPal homeoffice@charter.net
Registration to dojoseminars@gmail.com

Close out for registration is by July 1st.
Hope to see you there, and I can't wait to see some of you again on the mat and at the Saturday night dinner!! :D
Dan

Byron Foster 05-31-2012 09:06 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
It will be great to have you back here in SoCal.

Chris Parkerson 06-06-2012 11:46 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Hi Dan. I sent you an email requesting to attend the Orange County seminar. I look forward to joining you all.

Hoka Hey,

Chris

DH 07-01-2012 08:54 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Just a follow up note that this is filling up. For those of you who have or are training with me, please take the time to tell me if you are intending to come. You have first option, otherwise you might be out. I have some rare down time so I will be sorting and responding to emails.
I intend to do some testing and follow up individual work as well as answer and demonstrate application value in waza and freestyle forms at this venue.

Registration/contact to dojoseminars@gmail.com
$195.00 to PayPal homeoffice@charter.net
Hope to see you there
Dan

Keith Larman 07-02-2012 11:05 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
I am still annoyed that this is happening the same weekend as the San Francisco Token Kai. Ya just had to pick the one weekend a year I will certainly be out of town. Sheesh.

DH 07-03-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Keith Larman wrote: (Post 312208)
I am still annoyed that this is happening the same weekend as the San Francisco Token Kai. Ya just had to pick the one weekend a year I will certainly be out of town. Sheesh.

You and everyone else. MANNN did I pick the wrong weekend!!!! Oy!

Subsequently, there are still some openings left.
Dan

BWells 07-03-2012 02:43 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Won't make this one, but see you in Sept at ADV:D

Thanks
Bruce

Keith Larman 07-03-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
And lord knows I really need some guidance. Might have to make the trek out and visit Gary now that I'm finally feeling relatively healthy. Then I can suck horribly in his presence... ;) And share stories... And hopefully beer. ;)

Have a good time, guys. Honestly, since the economy sucks so very bad I was very tempted to skip the sword show for this. But then my wife and daughter reminded me that they wanted to go with me to the show so they could shop, lounge about the pool, etc. Which makes it even more painful for my wallet... Sigh...

DH 07-03-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Keith Larman wrote: (Post 312246)
And lord knows I really need some guidance. Might have to make the trek out and visit Gary now that I'm finally feeling relatively healthy. Then I can suck horribly in his presence... ;) And share stories... And hopefully beer. ;)

Have a good time, guys. Honestly, since the economy sucks so very bad I was very tempted to skip the sword show for this. But then my wife and daughter reminded me that they wanted to go with me to the show so they could shop, lounge about the pool, etc. Which makes it even more painful for my wallet... Sigh...

I think you know how I feel about missing you......:(
The great news for me is that my body is still rocking it. IP/aik...on the ground as a healing and martial power builder at the same time? Yeah baby!!!

Maybe I am back in the fall, I dunno. I am swamped these days and have family issues to boot!!! Oy!
Dan

Keith Larman 07-03-2012 10:29 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 312262)
I think you know how I feel about missing you......:(
The great news for me is that my body is still rocking it. IP/aik...on the ground as a healing and martial power builder at the same time? Yeah baby!!!

You make it in the fall and I"ll be there.

I must admit that various solo exercises along with some stuff I've put together for myself have been quite helpful with my degrading spine. Thank goodness for those elastic band exercisers giving all sorts of ways to create a pull in some odd direction. Fun trying to maintain that structure in a relaxed fashion when the bands are pulling you backwards or sideways, or diagonally. I've got a number of the things hooked on the shelves, roof support beams, the base of a heavy table, etc. in my workshop. And I'm finding the increased ability to maintain structure has gone a long way in allowing me to use my body better. Which takes stress off the back and I"m finding I'm now able to do it more and more in motion with some ugly goon hanging on or trying to knock me over. And then just hanging up my heavy bag again and completely relearning my punching... Kind of like punching by starting from your little toe... But I'm still having trouble getting the damned hips coordinated. I don't know if its the tightness in my hips or that I'm simply a tight-ass. Probably a bit of both. ;)

Frankly I'd probably be done training by now if it weren't for this stuff. So I'm a happy guy. With complete respect and thanks.

MM 07-03-2012 10:43 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Keith Larman wrote: (Post 312295)
You make it in the fall and I"ll be there.

I must admit that various solo exercises along with some stuff I've put together for myself have been quite helpful with my degrading spine. Thank goodness for those elastic band exercisers giving all sorts of ways to create a pull in some odd direction. Fun trying to maintain that structure in a relaxed fashion when the bands are pulling you backwards or sideways, or diagonally. I've got a number of the things hooked on the shelves, roof support beams, the base of a heavy table, etc. in my workshop. And I'm finding the increased ability to maintain structure has gone a long way in allowing me to use my body better. Which takes stress off the back and I"m finding I'm now able to do it more and more in motion with some ugly goon hanging on or trying to knock me over. And then just hanging up my heavy bag again and completely relearning my punching... Kind of like punching by starting from your little toe... But I'm still having trouble getting the damned hips coordinated. I don't know if its the tightness in my hips or that I'm simply a tight-ass. Probably a bit of both. ;)

Frankly I'd probably be done training by now if it weren't for this stuff. So I'm a happy guy. With complete respect and thanks.

Wow, Keith. That was, perhaps, one of the best things I've read here lately. Really great to hear that this stuff is helping you in a lot more ways than just the martial. Thanks for posting that. Hope it continues.

Mark

DH 07-26-2012 11:34 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Hi Folks
Due to me picking the worst weekend possible (It's not my fault!! :o ) there are still some openings for this. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Gary is going to arrange a Friday night training at a local beach at sunset, and post details today!
Contact: dojoseminars@gmail.com
Payment $195.00 by PayPal homeoffice@charter.net -or in person provided you contact me first.

Everyone else...I'll see you soon
Dan

Gary David 07-26-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 313474)
Hi Folks
Due to me picking the worst weekend possible (It's not my fault!! :o ) there are still some openings for this. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Gary is going to arrange a Friday night training at a local beach at sunset, and post details today!
Contact: dojoseminars@gmail.com
Payment $195.00 by PayPal homeoffice@charter.net -or in person provided you contact me first.

Everyone else...I'll see you soon
Dan

Folks
We will meet by the Pier in Seal Beach......the next little town below Long Beach. Looking like we will be meeting up at 6:30. It can be cool and breezy.... good places to eat/drink afterwords. I'll put up better directions after I get home. See you there...

Gary

gregstec 07-26-2012 06:28 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Gary Welborn wrote: (Post 313491)
Folks
We will meet by the Pier in Seal Beach......the next little town below Long Beach. Looking like we will be meeting up at 6:30. It can be cool and breezy.... good places to eat/drink afterwords. I'll put up better directions after I get home. See you there...

Gary

Yes, Seal Beach is a good place for that from what I remember from my Navy days stationed in Long Beach - too bad I won't be able to join you all - have fun!

Greg

Gary David 07-26-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Greg Steckel wrote: (Post 313493)
Yes, Seal Beach is a good place for that from what I remember from my Navy days stationed in Long Beach - too bad I won't be able to join you all - have fun!

Greg

Folks
Further directions.......... Seal Beach is just south of Long Beach on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH)
and north of Huntington Beach through Sunset Beach....

From Los Angeles take the 405 Freeway (Fwy) or the 605 Fwy south to where they connect, go around the corner and exit to Seal Beach Blvd South.

From Orange County go north on the 405 Fwy or west on the 22 Fwy to where they combine and exit on Seal Beach Blvd South.

Go south on Seal Beach Blvd to PCH and turn right (you are in Seal Beach proper). Go to Main St. and turn left....3 blocks to the pier and the beach. Find a place to park (take care as parking on Main St. has time limits and they will ticket)

I would suggest mapping Seal Beach to give yourselves a picture of the area...

Of course if you are familiar with the area....get there however.......see you....

Gary

Aikibu 07-26-2012 08:14 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Oh Well. Hopefully you will let me attend if you come back in the Fall or Winter. :)

William Hazen.

SeiserL 07-27-2012 06:24 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Was just out in Seal Beach for Father's Day.

Lived 1 block from the sand for 11 years and had an office above the Ice Cream shop on Main Street.

If I were still in the OC, I would so be there.

Enjoy.

chillzATL 07-27-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote: (Post 313501)
Was just out in Seal Beach for Father's Day.

Lived 1 block from the sand for 11 years and had an office above the Ice Cream shop on Main Street.

If I were still in the OC, I would so be there.

Enjoy.

But you're in Georgia and we can't seem to get him down this way. Does aiki wilt at 100 degrees and 80% humidity?? :) Sorry Dan, couldn't resist. :D

DH 07-27-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Jason Casteel wrote: (Post 313503)
But you're in Georgia and we can't seem to get him down this way. Does aiki wilt at 100 degrees and 80% humidity?? :) Sorry Dan, couldn't resist. :D

I promise this spring. It has been a very...VERY....crazy year for me both good and bad. :freaky:
Dan

DH 07-30-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Please note*
Friday night is ONLY for those paying to come to the seminar

Hours for sat. and Sunday are 10-6 with a lunch break
I'll be wearing a white shirt with black cargo shorts on the beach at 6:30pm Frid. till whenever..... :cool:
See you there
Dan

Anthony Loeppert 08-01-2012 10:18 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Posting here in case my email isn't read for whatever reason. I am once again compelled to (as recommended to me recently on this board to travel and research) attend - assuming space and I am welcome.

See you all there?

I'm just waiting for a confirmation to transfer funds.

DH 08-02-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Anthony Loeppert wrote: (Post 313704)
Posting here in case my email isn't read for whatever reason. I am once again compelled to (as recommended to me recently on this board to travel and research) attend - assuming space and I am welcome.

See you all there?

I'm just waiting for a confirmation to transfer funds.

Anthony
I just saw this. No problem with you attending at all. I hope we meet as friends. There are plenty of people here who can tell you that I will offer you an open hand and lots of laughter....at myself and others!
Dan

Anthony Loeppert 08-02-2012 09:26 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 313752)
Anthony
I just saw this. No problem with you attending at all. I hope we meet as friends. There are plenty of people here who can tell you that I will offer you an open hand and lots of laughter....at myself and others!
Dan

Looking forward to the experience. Hopefully I can keep up. I puked this morning after a training session. :(

Janet Rosen 08-02-2012 11:48 PM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
Anthony, I hope you feel well and can make it to the seminar. WELL worth it.

DH 08-05-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Dan Harden Returning to Orange County Aug 4-5th
 
I had a wonderful time training with Anthony and folks from Australia and England
I forget sometimes how this stuff brings people together from I Li quan to Koryu to Aikido....time after time.
Dan


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.