AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21066)

George S. Ledyard 03-30-2012 04:37 AM

4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
August 31st - September 3rd 2012
Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

4 full days, 7 hrs of training each day
limit if 16 attendees


This four day Intensive will focus on developing an advanced understanding of multiple attacker principles and strategies as well as providing a deeper exposure to the principles underlying weapons work in Aikido. An emphasis will be placed on applying "aiki" principles in both empty hand and weapons work striving towards unification of both skill sets.

At Aikido Eastside we have been developing this event for almost 25 years. We believe it is unique in its focus and content. Whether a student is attending his first Intensive or has attended many times in the past, it is our experience that he or she will make a substantive jump in level over this weekend. A testament to this fact is that the vast majority of students have come back repeatedly to participate again and again. Students routinely travel from all over the US and Canada for this training and several have even come from overseas.

This training places equal emphasis on the technical and psychological aspects of Aikido and we feel that it is a paradigm shifting experience for the attendees, especially for those who have not attended before. We feel so strongly about this that we will refund the cost of the seminar for anyone who does not feel that this is one of the finest raining experiences they have ever had.

On-line Info and Registration

Randori and Weapons Intensives on Facebook

Garth 03-30-2012 05:02 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Any of these planned for the East Coast anytime soon?
Thanks
Greg

George S. Ledyard 03-31-2012 10:15 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Quote:

Gregory Gargiso wrote: (Post 306677)
Any of these planned for the East Coast anytime soon?
Thanks
Greg

No, none on the East Coast. I am doing a four day sword intensive in Tallahassee but no randori intensives. I have done them in NY, Baltimore, N Carolina, and Tallahassee... If someone wants to host one they can always contact me but I have some other things I am working on right now.

Frankly, Seattle is quite easy to get to. With warning we can usually get folks to and from the airport and find a place to stay. I wouldn't stay away just because it's the West Coast. I can make it cheaper for someone at my own dojo than I can on the road.

George S. Ledyard 04-22-2012 12:22 PM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Quote:

George S. Ledyard wrote: (Post 306739)
No, none on the East Coast. I am doing a four day sword intensive in Tallahassee but no randori intensives. I have done them in NY, Baltimore, N Carolina, and Tallahassee... If someone wants to host one they can always contact me but I have some other things I am working on right now.

Frankly, Seattle is quite easy to get to. With warning we can usually get folks to and from the airport and find a place to stay. I wouldn't stay away just because it's the West Coast. I can make it cheaper for someone at my own dojo than I can on the road.

We're getting a number of out of town registrations fro the Labor Day Weekend Randori and Weapons Intensive. This event is open to folks from all styles and affiliations. Most of the weapons work we do is principle oriented and not really style specific. We'll cover empty hand randori with just grabbing attacks, empty hand randori with striking attacks included, randori against attackers with knives, and three person shinai randori.

This is a great event for anyone getting ready for Dan Testing. A number of dojos have started sending their candidates to attend one of these intensives before they test. So far, everyone who has attended has nailed the randori on their tests so I think the process is working...

On-line Info and Registration

George S. Ledyard 06-05-2012 11:07 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Quote:

George S. Ledyard wrote: (Post 307843)
We're getting a number of out of town registrations fro the Labor Day Weekend Randori and Weapons Intensive. This event is open to folks from all styles and affiliations. Most of the weapons work we do is principle oriented and not really style specific. We'll cover empty hand randori with just grabbing attacks, empty hand randori with striking attacks included, randori against attackers with knives, and three person shinai randori.

This is a great event for anyone getting ready for Dan Testing. A number of dojos have started sending their candidates to attend one of these intensives before they test. So far, everyone who has attended has nailed the randori on their tests so I think the process is working...

On-line Info and Registration

There are only 2 spots left for the randori and weapons intensive at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

George S. Ledyard 06-10-2012 01:04 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Quote:

George S. Ledyard wrote: (Post 310420)
There are only 2 spots left for the randori and weapons intensive at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

The seminar is full. The next Randori and Weapons Intensive will be in 2013, date to be announced.

niall 06-10-2012 03:47 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Quote:

George S. Ledyard wrote: (Post 306676)
...for anyone who does not feel that this is one of the finest raining experiences they have ever had.

This sounds like a cool seminar but I have to say it reinforces my image of the weather in the Pacific Northwest.

aikishihan 06-10-2012 08:45 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
I am sure that George will play "Stormy Weather" for your turn at randori, Niall!

Laissez les bon temps, and lucky ukes, roulez!!!

niall 06-10-2012 04:51 PM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Sorry if I gave the impression that I would be attending. I'll be teaching a seminar in the UK in August.

After George's comment I read the original post and I just thought that the innocent typo might apply to Seattle weather... The concept of the seminar itself sounds excellent and I'm sure it will help anyone preparing for a test especially.

I like your idea Francis - we could have our own theme music like boxers. How about Sinfonia da Paz by ClŠudio Santoro - Symphony of Peace? Or The Bridge by Elton John?

Niall

phitruong 06-11-2012 07:17 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
i liked O Fortuna better. it has good beats and rhythm to throw people. then in the middle of the randori, you could kick someone in the chest and scream "THIS IS SPARTA!" :D

kidding aside, you won't find better instructions on the subjects. highly recommend it. did i mention highly recommend it?

aikishihan 06-11-2012 09:42 AM

Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard
 
Really Phi, are you saying that you recommend this course on the subjects? Really?

I do too. A don't miss seminar for all who are able to attend!

Ledyard Sensei puts out 119.8% each and every time he teaches and trains!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.