AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012 (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20610)

jzimba 12-05-2011 08:47 AM

Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Hi folks,

The title says it all. I believe the e-mail address Dan prefers for related correspondence is:
dojoseminars@gmail.com

cost and other such things should be taken up with him. In the SF thread, he quoted $175

For Baltimore specific stuff, feel free to PM me. (hotels, public transportation, etc.)

Last I talked to Dan about this was at the beginning of Nov. If there are corrections, I'm sure he'll set me straight below.

Location set, and will be furnished upon request.

I'm sure the hours will be roughly the same as well, though we may have a hard cutoff time on Sat of 6:00 pm.

Vague enough for budo?

Joel

jzimba 01-02-2012 03:55 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Hey Folks,

AAs a result of my own incompetence, this date appears to be in flux. I'll work things out with the big guy aand update in due course.

Sorry for the inconvenience. II'd delete the thread, but I figured this would lead to less confussion.

Happy New Year
Best,

Joel

p.s. the alt tag reads "thumbs up" on this thread. is it incorrect? I've heard it might be wrong.

DH 01-06-2012 01:40 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
So there is some interest and pushback from not doing this one. My apologies for the confusion...all my fault, not Joel's.
If we have enough numbers on such a ridiculously short notice I would be willing.
Contact me this week if you are interested at dojoseminars@gmail.com if we can round it out we can do it. otherwise it will be scheduled for May.
Dan

jzimba 01-12-2012 02:03 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Heya Dan,

A couple folks have asked me if you have a flyer or something describing what you will be teaching. If so, please post a link here.

How are we doing on the quota?

Joel
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 300317)
So there is some interest and pushback from not doing this one. My apologies for the confusion...all my fault, not Joel's.
If we have enough numbers on such a ridiculously short notice I would be willing.
Contact me this week if you are interested at dojoseminars@gmail.com if we can round it out we can do it. otherwise it will be scheduled for May.
Dan


jzimba 01-23-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Hey Folks,

It looks like we are going to reschedule this seminar for the April or May timeframe.

Maybe not the best idea to plan a workshop on Superbowl Sunday? ...

I still want to get Dan down here, so keep writing to him and we'll make it happen.

Best,

Joel

emerykim 02-27-2012 09:54 AM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Joel
The seminar was not very well advertised as I stumbled across the announcement on Aiki Web. That may be a reason for attendance. There weren't any flyers or information, who this was affiliated out there to get to people who were interested in time for participation. I know there is a large interest with Baltimore Aikido with participants in various arts other than Aikido (jujitsu, escrima...). If it does happen in May, and I would look forward to it, then how will we get that information in time to disseminate it for a larger participation to avoid a similar situation? Thanks.
Emery

DH 02-27-2012 11:56 AM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Emery Kim wrote: (Post 303963)
Joel
The seminar was not very well advertised as I stumbled across the announcement on Aiki Web. That may be a reason for attendance. There weren't any flyers or information, who this was affiliated out there to get to people who were interested in time for participation. I know there is a large interest with Baltimore Aikido with participants in various arts other than Aikido (jujitsu, escrima...). If it does happen in May, and I would look forward to it, then how will we get that information in time to disseminate it for a larger participation to avoid a similar situation? Thanks.
Emery

Hello and thank you for your interest
I usually am invited by a local dojo. In cases where it is an interested group it is up to them to organize a venue and I place it on the web. This one was to fast and too casual for all concerned. Unfortunately, I may not have any openings left for 2012.

Dan

chillzATL 02-27-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 303993)
Unfortunately, I may not have any openings left for 2012.

Dan

o_0

DH 02-27-2012 01:09 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Jason Casteel wrote: (Post 303999)
o_0

No no...I have five flexible dates left for: Atlanta, Florida, Oregon, Chicago and the Netherlands. They are part of the plan!!

chillzATL 02-27-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 304010)
No no...I have five flexible dates left for: Atlanta, Florida, Oregon, Chicago and the Netherlands. They are part of the plan!!

:) thanks Dan!

DH 02-27-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Jason Casteel wrote: (Post 304017)
:) thanks Dan!

David talked about September. At this point why don't you guys chat and someone find a place and lest call it.
I am booked with Private seminars for
Aug. 24
Mid Sept -not confirmed
Oct 6-7
Oct sometime-Netherlands?
Nov possibly Hawaii?
Nov. 30
Dec 8
And some where in there Oregon again.
Let me know at dojoseminars@gmail.com

Dan

Ernesto Lemke 02-27-2012 02:03 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 304019)
Oct sometime-Netherlands?

Aha! So this is how I at least KNOW you've been reading my emails evileyes
Sometime? Sometime? That'll be somewhere in the week of oct. 20-28. I guess in order to make the Portland guys happy too ;) the later half of the week in Holland is fine....

PS
Bro-chu-re...
:D :D :D

chillzATL 02-27-2012 02:20 PM

Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012
 
Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 304019)
David talked about September. At this point why don't you guys chat and someone find a place and lest call it.
I am booked with Private seminars for
Aug. 24
Mid Sept -not confirmed
Oct 6-7
Oct sometime-Netherlands?
Nov possibly Hawaii?
Nov. 30
Dec 8
And some where in there Oregon again.
Let me know at dojoseminars@gmail.com

Dan

will do


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.