AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ichiro Shishiya sensei (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1967)

Mathias 06-02-2002 07:32 AM

Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Hello all.
In two weeks i will go to a week long seminar with Ichiro Shishiya sensei. I have tried to search the web for info about him but havenīt really found much. So what can you guys tell me about him?

/ Mathias

http://www.sundsvallsbudoklubb.com/a...ishiya_eng.pdf

jimbaker 06-02-2002 07:42 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Mathias
Hello all.
In two weeks i will go to a week long seminar with Ichiro Shishiya sensei. I have tried to search the web for info about him but havenīt really found much. So what can you guys tell me about him?

/ Mathias

He has a web site: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~bk2i-ssy/

jim baker

Anne 06-02-2002 08:56 AM

He's a very kind and patient teacher with a great sense of humor :D on the mat as well as on after-training parties...And, he's going to hold a seminar in Kiel right after the one in Sweden.

Have fun training,
Anne

Himawan Sharief 01-11-2009 08:12 PM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Dear All,

I also interest with this Shishiya Sensei . I've joined with Aikido in Jakarta, and willing to invite Shishiya Sensei to held a seminar (kind of seminar actually).

After all, I can't found the contact of Shishiya Sensei nor his email. So can you guys advise me about the procedure to invite him?

Many Thanks

Rgds,
Himawan

CitoMaramba 01-12-2009 09:41 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Shishiya Sensei's email address is on his website.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~bk2i-ssy/english.html
It is: shishiya@tokyo.email.ne.jp

Hope this helps

Jorge Garcia 01-12-2009 10:32 PM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Quote:

Mathias Lindqvist wrote: (Post 21351)
Hello all.
In two weeks i will go to a week long seminar with Ichiro Shishiya sensei. I have tried to search the web for info about him but havenīt really found much. So what can you guys tell me about him?

/ Mathias

http://www.sundsvallsbudoklubb.com/a...ishiya_eng.pdf

When you go to his website, don't fail to look at these.
http://www.akibach.com/aiki/

I found these about two years ago and have been studying them ever since.
Jorge

Mathias 01-13-2009 03:49 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Wow this is an old thread i donīt even remember starting. :)

I have been training for Shishiya sensei since my first seminar with him in 2002 and have also travelled to Japan to train for him.

Shishiya sensei is a excelent teacher and a truly wonderfull man. I advice everyone who has a chance to experience his unique Aikido to do so.

And by the way Jorge, you can see me taking ukemi for sensei in some of those videos. :D

/Mathias

Jorge Garcia 01-13-2009 08:03 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Quote:

Mathias Lindqvist wrote: (Post 223468)
Wow this is an old thread i donīt even remember starting. :)

I have been training for Shishiya sensei since my first seminar with him in 2002 and have also travelled to Japan to train for him.

Shishiya sensei is a excelent teacher and a truly wonderfull man. I advice everyone who has a chance to experience his unique Aikido to do so.

And by the way Jorge, you can see me taking ukemi for sensei in some of those videos. :D

/Mathias

The quality and length of the segments are excellent and they come across great on my computer unlike so many things on the internet. I really like what he says (in the english interpretations) and have learned some really cool moves from watching him.
Jorge

Aikibu 01-14-2009 12:56 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Quote:

Jorge Garcia wrote: (Post 223472)
The quality and length of the segments are excellent and they come across great on my computer unlike so many things on the internet. I really like what he says (in the english interpretations) and have learned some really cool moves from watching him.
Jorge

Shishiya Sensei is truely one of Nishio Shihan's better students and is known for his big flowing movements. Those vids were a joy to watch and a good reminder of the practical application of Aikido's philosphy. A tiny quibble for me would be that the Uke's were dead looking down at thier feet poor posture and letting thier off hand flail at the side instead of bringing it in to the chest ready to strike. If you're using those to study Jorge you might be mindful of that. :) I see you are down in Tejas and if you're interested we do have a Nishio affliated sister Dojo in San Antonio.

http://www.aikipeace.com/aikido/index.html. Drop in if you get the chance. :)

William Hazen

Jorge Garcia 01-14-2009 01:41 AM

Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei
 
Quote:

William Hazen wrote: (Post 223500)
Shishiya Sensei is truely one of Nishio Shihan's better students and is known for his big flowing movements. Those vids were a joy to watch and a good reminder of the practical application of Aikido's philosphy. A tiny quibble for me would be that the Uke's were dead looking down at thier feet poor posture and letting thier off hand flail at the side instead of bringing it in to the chest ready to strike. If you're using those to study Jorge you might be mindful of that. :) I see you are down in Tejas and if you're interested we do have a Nishio affliated sister Dojo in San Antonio.

http://www.aikipeace.com/aikido/index.html. Drop in if you get the chance. :)

William Hazen

I know John Bollinger. He has been to our seminars and I need to attend one of his next time. Others from that dojo have visited us as well but I have never made it over since I don't often have occasion to go over there but I will make the effort.
Thanks,
Jorge


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.