AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Supplies (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dogi pants with zipper? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18269)

MBaraz 06-24-2010 10:42 AM

Dogi pants with zipper?
 
When I saw Bujin Design's dogi pants with the zipper and web belt I knew I would never buy anything else. I am mourning the passing of Bujin as I love Ikeda Shihan and always felt so good about buying from them knowing it was his shop. On a more practical level it turns out they were the only place I could find dogi pants with a zipper. The days of dropping my pants to my knees to go to the bathroom is as distant a memory as training wheels on my first bike.

I've talked with a number of people in the same dilemma. I am wondering if anybody has found a new supplier of pants?

Marc Abrams 06-24-2010 01:25 PM

Re: Dogi pants with zipper?
 
Quote:

Michael Baraz wrote: (Post 259911)
When I saw Bujin Design's dogi pants with the zipper and web belt I knew I would never buy anything else. I am mourning the passing of Bujin as I love Ikeda Shihan and always felt so good about buying from them knowing it was his shop. On a more practical level it turns out they were the only place I could find dogi pants with a zipper. The days of dropping my pants to my knees to go to the bathroom is as distant a memory as training wheels on my first bike.

I've talked with a number of people in the same dilemma. I am wondering if anybody has found a new supplier of pants?

Michael:

I share your pain! I am considering just buying some zippers and having them put in at my local tailors. I cannot believe that there are no other dogi manufacturers that do not recognize that the zipper is superior idea that has been around for awhile.

Marc Abrams

DonMagee 06-25-2010 01:20 PM

Re: Dogi pants with zipper?
 
Quote:

Marc Abrams wrote: (Post 259929)
Michael:

I share your pain! I am considering just buying some zippers and having them put in at my local tailors. I cannot believe that there are no other dogi manufacturers that do not recognize that the zipper is superior idea that has been around for awhile.

Marc Abrams

I think the problem is most dogi are made for judo players and the rules prohibit any metal.

phitruong 06-25-2010 01:31 PM

Re: Dogi pants with zipper?
 
Quote:

Don Magee wrote: (Post 260000)
I think the problem is most dogi are made for judo players and the rules prohibit any metal.

zipper might break in the guard which might lead to embarrass moment. :D

jbblack 06-25-2010 04:32 PM

Re: Dogi pants with zipper?
 
The closest I have seen are the R type pants from Iwata.

http://www.alpha-net.ne.jp/users2/iwataco/frame2e.html

Cheers,


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.