I just came back from a weeklong summer camp, and one of the running jokes some of us had going during the seminar was about some of the things that a character we made up would do. Specifically, we called this character "Mean Sempai," and some of the things Mean Sempai would do would be:
- Holding out his hand for kohai to grab for Katatetori Ikkyo, and just as Kohai would try to grab the hand, Mean Sempai would pull the hand away and say "Whoa! too slow"
- Put a sticker on Kohai's back that says "throw me HARD!"
-Stepping on Kohai's feet while doing a technique
- "Freezing" Kohai so he couldn't start a technique, then saying "what's wrong, can't you do the technique?"
- Start and stop attacks when acting as uke, so that Kohai doesn't know when to start the technique
- Mean Sempai points to Kohai's belly and says "your belt's untied," then flick Kohai in the nose with his finger, and says "made you look"
Anyway, anyone else have any other ideas for Mean Sempai's antics?
I also did just come back from a weeklong summer (better: rain) camp in Brussels. We just created there two new proverbs.
Two hours after we arrived at the camp site two of my fellow aikidokas arrived. When someone asked if they got lost, they answered: no, we did not get lost, we just visited the city! So, the whole week nobody got lost in the city of Brussels, everyone just visited the city!
The other concerns our dinner in the restaurant on top of the Atomium (which is really dilapidated). One of us feared to fall down when the restaurant may break down just during our dinner. One other answered: no problem, you can do breakfalls, or?
Hope you enjoyed your summer camp just as I did mine!
Thanks, summer camp this year was great! And to top it off, the visiting instructor from Aikikai Hombu Dojo is teaching all the classes at our dojo for the next couple of weeks - a special honor and treat.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.