AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Meditation (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17314)

trademark8806 12-10-2009 07:48 PM

Meditation
 
I need to lurn how to maditate .... Dose anyone knwo any good way to lurn this on your own... are there any good books?

Linda Eskin 12-10-2009 09:44 PM

Re: medetation
 
I'm really enjoying the book "The Intuitive Body - Discovering the Wisdom of Conscious Embodiment and Aikido" by Wendy Palmer. It includes some very clear instructions for at least one kind of meditation, and a lot of other interesting good stuff to think about.

There are lots of kinds of "meditation" so hunt around until you find what works for you.

You might check the iTunes store for podcasts or other recordings of guided meditations, too. :)

trademark8806 12-10-2009 10:02 PM

Re: medetation
 
Quote:

Linda Eskin wrote: (Post 247446)
I'm really enjoying the book "The Intuitive Body - Discovering the Wisdom of Conscious Embodiment and Aikido" by Wendy Palmer. It includes some very clear instructions for at least one kind of meditation, and a lot of other interesting good stuff to think about.

There are lots of kinds of "meditation" so hunt around until you find what works for you.

You might check the iTunes store for podcasts or other recordings of guided meditations, too. :)

thanks for the infromation

SeiserL 12-11-2009 06:17 AM

Re: Meditation
 
Go to the library there on Electric (by the Red Train Car off Main Street) and check out the books and tapes/CDs on meditation. They can get you any that are in the OC system. Its free and will get you started.

The go down to Sweet Jills or Cinnamon Productions, get a roll and a coffee, walk out on the peer, and tell the ocean I said hello.

phitruong 12-11-2009 07:44 AM

Re: Meditation
 
Quote:

Tara Marsh wrote: (Post 247440)
I need to lurn how to maditate .... Dose anyone knwo any good way to lurn this on your own... are there any good books?

find a nice, quiet place. standing, sit down, or lay down whichever comfortable to you. close your eyes. breath slowly by expanding and contracting your stomach. there is a small book, systema, "let every breath". a chapter in that book talk about tension and relax, methink chapter 8. there is a bunch of exercise sequences, you can use. methink, it based on the old iron shirt qigong. you can meditate and work on building a connected body at the same time which will help your aikido in the long run.

or stand in the "hug the tree pose" of taichi. have someone pushes lightly to your chest, back, left and right shoulders, push down slightly on your shoulders, lift you up lightly. your job is to stay in one place. find the spot where you are centered and stay there for 30 minutes.

or shave your head, wear a yellow robe (brown is ok too, but no pink or lavender or zebra stripes), use a wooden clacker to keep the beat, chant incoherently for hours on end and drive the people in your household insane. :D

trademark8806 12-11-2009 11:01 AM

Re: Meditation
 
Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote: (Post 247463)
Go to the library there on Electric (by the Red Train Car off Main Street) and check out the books and tapes/CDs on meditation. They can get you any that are in the OC system. Its free and will get you started.

The go down to Sweet Jills or Cinnamon Productions, get a roll and a coffee, walk out on the peer, and tell the ocean I said hello.

I will cheek out the Libray, thanks for the info. I not sure Sweet Jills... I not seen it ( mabby just walked by that place) , Cinnamon Prouctions is good. Cofffe is not good tasting, so I pass, lol. If it's not raing , I will pass the ocean meage along.

trademark8806 12-11-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Meditation
 
Quote:

Phi Truong wrote: (Post 247467)
find a nice, quiet place. standing, sit down, or lay down whichever comfortable to you. close your eyes. breath slowly by expanding and contracting your stomach. there is a small book, systema, "let every breath". a chapter in that book talk about tension and relax, methink chapter 8. there is a bunch of exercise sequences, you can use. methink, it based on the old iron shirt qigong. you can meditate and work on building a connected body at the same time which will help your aikido in the long run.

or stand in the "hug the tree pose" of taichi. have someone pushes lightly to your chest, back, left and right shoulders, push down slightly on your shoulders, lift you up lightly. your job is to stay in one place. find the spot where you are centered and stay there for 30 minutes.

or shave your head, wear a yellow robe (brown is ok too, but no pink or lavender or zebra stripes), use a wooden clacker to keep the beat, chant incoherently for hours on end and drive the people in your household insane. :D

I think I pass o the second idea, I kidna like my hair. thanks for the frist one. I will have to try the frist part, i think having someone pust me is not going to work thow.

Linda Eskin 12-21-2009 02:44 PM

Re: Meditation
 
I just received this link to a Guided Healing Meditation audio podcast in an email from the Chopra Center:
http://www.chopra.com/agnilight/dec09/podcast

They have more here:
http://www.chopra.com/library

Thought you might enjoy those. :)

trademark8806 12-21-2009 04:34 PM

Re: Meditation
 
thanks for the link .

Shadowfax 12-21-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Meditation
 
My favorite place to meditate is on my horses back out in the woods or some quiet place in the woods surrounding the farm. There is something about being out in nature and away from the rest of the world that is just perfect for letting go and spending a little time in meditation.

trademark8806 12-21-2009 07:39 PM

Re: Meditation
 
Aww... that sounds like a good place.... which I had one like that... I do go to nature alot ... there a rather larg park near me.

James Edwards 12-22-2009 12:33 AM

Re: Meditation
 
Look up zazen?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.