AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Aiki Jedi! (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15024)

Alexander Lee 08-27-2008 01:17 PM

Aiki Jedi!
 
A friend of mine recently directed me to this page:

http://theforce.jaymach.com/fug1.php
Read the first entry. Im not sure about the sources though. Ill have to check that one out :D

I thought I might as well put in Humor.

aikido_newb 08-28-2008 08:36 AM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
Quote:

Alexander Lee wrote: (Post 214670)
A friend of mine recently directed me to this page:

http://theforce.jaymach.com/fug1.php
Read the first entry. Im not sure about the sources though. Ill have to check that one out :D

I thought I might as well put in Humor.

Sounds like some interesting subclasses. I wonder which RPG system they are for.

phitruong 08-28-2008 02:03 PM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
I thought we were a bunch of Baadudes :)

Alexander Lee 08-28-2008 04:20 PM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
Well I did check it up. I found that a creative Star Wars RPer decided to replace Ki with the Force but retaining the Aiki part of things.
Must admit its pretty creative... I would have never thought of anything like this.

tobiasfelipe 09-03-2008 05:26 PM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
Quote:

Alexander Lee wrote: (Post 214769)
Must admit its pretty creative... I would have never thought of anything like this.

C'mon, "The Force" is just a exaggeration of Ki powers, all "Jedi" order was based on japanese martial arts. Yoda is a caricature of the oriental master. Guys with swords in robes fighting to free the princess in a fortress? Yeah, creative...:rolleyes:

But the text is funny:p

Lachlan Kadick 07-22-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
^_^ I love this idea. I give an A+ for using it in a Star Wars situation.

Benjamin Mehner 07-23-2010 12:21 AM

Re: Aiki Jedi!
 
Quote:

Tobias Felipe wrote: (Post 215306)
C'mon, "The Force" is just a exaggeration of Ki powers, all "Jedi" order was based on japanese martial arts. Yoda is a caricature of the oriental master. Guys with swords in robes fighting to free the princess in a fortress? Yeah, creative...:rolleyes:

But the text is funny:p

Too true, but Lucas' behaviour isn't all that uncommon. Fist Full of Dollars was really a knock off of Yojimbo, after all.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.