AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poll: How much progress do you think you made in aikido in 2006? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11540)

AikiWeb System 12-31-2006 01:30 AM

Poll: How much progress do you think you made in aikido in 2006?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of December 31, 2006:

How much progress do you think you made in aikido in 2006?
  • I don't do aikido
  • A lot
  • Some
  • A little
  • Not much
  • Not at all
Here are the current results.

SeiserL 12-31-2006 09:40 AM

Re: Poll: How much progress do you think you made in aikido in 2006?

I kept training.
That was the goal.
Not sure of the progress, if any.

Kevin Leavitt 12-31-2006 10:02 AM

Mentally and spiritually, some growth. Hard to measure, but I think I understand slightly better!

Physically and technically....maybe a little, but doubt it was much as I cannot practice my aikido much these days!

Happy Neu Jahr!

Karen Wolek 12-31-2006 12:22 PM

Oh man. TONS of progress! I'm taking my 1st kyu test in a week or so (I think), so I think this past year has been a year of progress. Even though sometimes I thought I was on a plateau, I was still learning. I sill have a long way to go, but I'm still amazed at how far I've come so far.

ajbarron 01-01-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote:
I kept training.
That was the goal.
Not sure of the progress, if any.

Thanks for replying Lynn .

Ditto :D :confused:

Cheers

Thalib 01-02-2007 12:38 AM

Physically degraded... haven't been training regularly for 2 years... just restarted...

Mentally... improved... as in the understanding of the art. Since I was unable to practice physically at the dojo, I practice implementing Aikido in daily life. I also had a number of discussions with fellow practitioners on teh subject matter.

Spiritually degraded compared to 3 years ago. I went against my ideals and principles, being a hypocrite on numerous occasions, some of them were quite serious. But, I'm learning from this and hopefully I could become better.

Well, life has its ups and downs... but how we deal with it is what really matters...

billybob 01-03-2007 08:40 AM

Thalib - you sound like you reached a level, then were challenged in it. That is progress!

I progressed tremendously in defeating my own stupid arrogance. I have not mastered myself as I thought - I need psychological counseling - again.

Aikido helped me get to the center of the onion of my emotional injuries. I have worked very hard on facing myself for the past three years, with aikido at the center of my path. I hoped to be done soon, but my reward is that I need more hard work to continue healing.

Aikido is about healing for me, so I progressed well, and have a long way to go.

dave

Mark Uttech 01-04-2007 10:23 PM

I began to see aikido levels that I never knew were there. i watched five shodan tests in Chicago and then wondered how the nidans would match those tests. But match them, they did. I had never seen levels so exposed before, so I have to admit there is progress even in the ability to see, to recognize.

In gassho,

Mark