AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   I'm looking to open a Colorado dojo (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11495)

drsean49 12-20-2006 03:16 PM

I'm looking to open a Colorado dojo

Hello everyone!

My name is Sean. I am a thirty-something aikido enthusiast looking to open a new traditional-style aikido dojo in Castle Rock, Colorado in 2007 and I am in need of some help! Here is the text for an ad I am posting on numerous Internet bulletin boards and websites. Please feel free to contact me, inquire, ask any questions, offer assistance, advice and/or support. If interested in teaching feel free to send me a aikido resume, etc...Thanks. :)

"Colorado investor seeks traditional-style aikido black belt(s) to teach/run a new aikido dojo opening in Castle Rock, Colorado in 2007. No financial investment required. You teach / We finance. For more information please contact Sean Hannon at sean.hannon@comcast.net"

Aiki1 12-21-2006 04:50 PM

Re: I'm looking to open a Colorado dojo

Quote:

Sean Hannon wrote:
"Colorado investor seeks traditional-style aikido black belt(s)

What style is that?

:-)

drsean49 12-27-2006 09:39 PM

We have not specified any particular style. All are welcome to inquire. Thanx.

doushin 04-07-2007 08:45 AM

This initial post has developed into Castle Rock Aikido Club.
www.CRaikido.com

Steven 04-07-2007 03:56 PM

Doctor? Of what?

Just curious

aikidoc 04-07-2007 04:19 PM

Jeff, nice technique on your video. Very flowing and smooth.

Shipley 04-07-2007 04:48 PM

I think that the DC after his name means that he is a doctor of chiropractic medicine. Good luck with your new dojo Jeff.

Cheers,

Paul

Steven 04-07-2007 05:23 PM

Thanks!

ElizabethCastor 04-18-2007 04:45 PM

Castle Rock: a rolling stone

The Castle Rock dojo is up and rolling! :D ;) :p

There have been a few demos at the local library and for the local business fair already. The club has had a very warm and welcome reception in the Castle Rock area and that is so fabulous. Its amazing how that concept of flow and openings applies in the "real" world just as on the mat! The community interest, local business' support and other things just seemed poised for an aikido group. Please, stop in and check it out if you get a chance!

Elizabeth

PS)
Albright sensei is indeed a chiropractic doctor

doushin 04-29-2007 09:21 PM

Yes, I'm a doctor of chiropractic and run a wellness center in which I focus on Japanese acupuncture and herbs, gentle low force chiropractic, and massage therapy.

The goal is to combine the dojo and clinic into a large Japanese cultural center. We expect to be able to do this in about a year and a half.

I want to share all the great things I learned while living and training in Japan, both in the martial and healing arts. We hope to sponsor many seminars and events, hopefully bringing many of my instructors from Japan.

If you are in the are please stop in for a class, you're always welcome.

In the meantime check out our other websites.
www.craikido.com
www.rockymtnwellness.com
www.rockymtnaikido.com
www.aikidocolorado.com
www.freemassage4you.com