AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   2nd Intro (if this is allowed???) (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8225)

xuzen 05-30-2005 01:55 AM

2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Hello people,

Jun, I am not sure if a second introduction is allowed, if it is against forum decorum, kindly delete this thread and accept my sincere apology.

I joined this forum on 1st June 2004; almost exactly one year ago. And I wish to take this opportunity to thank Jun and his team for a site well done. I have learned much about aikido (even more than just from dojo alone) through participating in this wonderful forum. It is also a great cultural exchange experience as well.

For those who don't know me; I am just your Average Joe who happen to bump into aikido one fine day during my varsity years. Incidental, I started my aikido journey on June 1995; that is exactly one decade ago. I started with the Tomiki-ryu people, switched to Hombu style and currently I am a student of the Yoshinkan school.

To those friends that I made through this forum, I'd say you guys are a great bunch of people. Looking forward to share our aikido journey together.

P/S: I will be taking my nidan grading this coming Dec, so wish me luck. I have already started to train for it since Jan of this year.

maikerus 05-30-2005 02:09 AM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Quote:

Xu Wenfung wrote:
P/S: I will be taking my nidan grading this coming Dec, so wish me luck. I have already started to train for it since Jan of this year.

Boon...good luck :D

--Michael

L. Camejo 05-30-2005 11:24 AM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Good luck on the grading rasta Boon. I know you'll do well.

I'm another one who thinks the cultural exchange here is just cool. I've learnt so much about other ways of doing and viewing Aikido it's mind boggling. Not to mention the networking and interaction and getting to hook up with folks for training when travelling.

Good 2nd intro.
LC:ai::ki:

maikerus 05-30-2005 08:54 PM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Quote:

Larry Camejo wrote:
Not to mention the networking and interaction and getting to hook up with folks for training when travelling.

Now if I can only swing that trip to T&T...right after the one to Malaysia...which would be just after the one to Himeji and right before those US destinations...Oh...and I have to go to The Netherlands and the UK and Israel sometime, too!

So many places...so little time. Maybe I'll just have to wait for people to come visit me in Japan :)

cheers,

--Michael

PeterR 05-30-2005 09:00 PM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Well at least talking about the possibilities is good fun.

L. Camejo 05-30-2005 11:44 PM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Quote:

Michael Stuempel wrote:
Now if I can only swing that trip to T&T...right after the one to Malaysia...which would be just after the one to Himeji and right before those US destinations...Oh...and I have to go to The Netherlands and the UK and Israel sometime, too!

So many places...so little time. Maybe I'll just have to wait for people to come visit me in Japan :)

Well Michael whenever you are ready come on down.

The Beaches, Women and Weather are HOT, the Beers are COLD and the Food is just great (if you like spicy). So save up those pennies and come on over we're waitin' for ya.

Oh yeah you'll probably get a tan from the mat burns in Aikido training alone too. Not to mention the Beach weapons sessions followed by our special ShodoTwist (our official dojo alcoholic drink) and Bake and Shark lime*.;)

We had rave reviews from the last (and only) Japanese shihan who visited. In fact they did not want to leave.:D

Oh, and you can bring Peter along with you too.

LC:ai::ki:

P.S. *Lime is a Trini word for party, or just hanging out.

maikerus 05-31-2005 12:08 AM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Quote:

Larry Camejo wrote:
Well Michael whenever you are ready come on down.

The Beaches, Women and Weather are HOT, the Beers are COLD and the Food is just great (if you like spicy). So save up those pennies and come on over we're waitin' for ya.

Alright...how much does it cost to get there from Tokyo and can you find me a business trip reason to go...say someone needs some help turning on a computer :)

argh! I have no pennies...only yen :(

oh...and Peter who? ;) Just kidding...jeez...:D

--Michael

xuzen 05-31-2005 12:58 AM

Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)
 
Quote:

Larry Camejo wrote:
Well Michael whenever you are ready come on down.

The Beaches, Women and Weather are HOT, the Beers are COLD and the Food is just great (if you like spicy). So save up those pennies and come on over we're waitin' for ya.

LC:ai::ki:

P.S. *Lime is a Trini word for party, or just hanging out.

Maikerus said:...
Quote:

Alright...how much does it cost to get there from Tokyo and can you find me a business trip reason to go...say someone needs some help turning on a computer
Just remember to leave them missus at home eh! Ain't no want no jealousy brewing while one is on a business trip to turn on a client's computer in TnT. :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.