AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   December 14th & 15th - Howard Popkin in Seattle Area (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23136)

George S. Ledyard 11-18-2013 06:25 PM

December 14th & 15th - Howard Popkin in Seattle Area

December 14th & 15th 2013
Howard Popkin Sensei at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

Popkin Sensei will conduct a seminar covering the techniques and principles of Daito Ryu the system of aikijutsu studied by Morihei Ueshiba, the Founder of Aikido. This is principle based, body centered instruction and will be of immense value in understanding how to do Aikido with "aiki". This seminar is open to the public regardless of style or affiliation... there are "Open Classes" available for students who have little or no previous experience with Popkin Sensei. The other classes are for those with previous experience and the Study Group Members from around the country.

On-line Info and Registration

Krystal Locke 11-23-2013 05:57 PM

Re: December 14th & 15th - Howard Popkin in Seattle Area

Quote:

George S. Ledyard wrote: (Post 332367)
December 14th & 15th 2013
Howard Popkin Sensei at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

Popkin Sensei will conduct a seminar covering the techniques and principles of Daito Ryu the system of aikijutsu studied by Morihei Ueshiba, the Founder of Aikido. This is principle based, body centered instruction and will be of immense value in understanding how to do Aikido with "aiki". This seminar is open to the public regardless of style or affiliation... there are "Open Classes" available for students who have little or no previous experience with Popkin Sensei. The other classes are for those with previous experience and the Study Group Members from around the country.

On-line Info and Registration

I'm stoked, hope I get it together to go. The registration website says there's a Friday class, is that going to happen? An extra class might tip the scales on the 7 hour one way drive. I'll stop at Uwajimaya and get a couple liters sake....

Cady Goldfield 11-23-2013 07:11 PM

Krystal,
So glad that after all these years you've finally had a chance to get your hands on this "stuff," and with really fine teachers, at that. Exciting and fun, ain't it? :)

Howard Popkin 11-26-2013 06:15 AM

Cady, thanks :)

Krystal... Sorry, I have to work Friday.. But between Sat and Sunday, I'm sure you will get your time in :)

Be well !
Howard

Krystal Locke 11-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Howard Popkin wrote: (Post 332623)
Cady, thanks :)

Krystal... Sorry, I have to work Friday.. But between Sat and Sunday, I'm sure you will get your time in :)

Be well !
Howard

Good to know.

I am still a maybe for this one. Whole lotta life going on. We shall see what SWMBO says. She may be my kohai on the mat, but she's shihan the moment I bow off.