AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Francis Takahashi Sensei - Promoted to 7th Dan (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15697)

Dennis Hooker 01-27-2009 12:41 PM

Francis Takahashi Sensei - Promoted to 7th Dan

F. Takahashi Sensei has been promoted. All I can say is It's About Time. He was there to add to the welcome of O-Sensei when he stepped off the plane in Hawaii. One of the finest human beings I have ever met and trained with.

gdandscompserv 01-27-2009 02:28 PM

Re: Takahashi Sensei

This Takahashi Sensei?
http://www.aikidoacademyusa.com/inst....html?0414ace0
That is great news. My son and I trained with Takahashi Sensei on Mt Baldy at a weekend retreat. I am in complete agreement with Mr. Hooker. A giant of a man with a heart and spirit to match. Congratulations Takahashi Sensei!:cool:

Sy Labthavikul 01-27-2009 11:14 PM

Wow, I JUST got back from the dojo where Takahashi Sensei shared the good news with us and here it is already on Aikiweb. Information age indeed. :-)

It goes without saying that everyone at the Alhambra Aikido Academy is proud of his lifelong accomplishments as one of the original pioneers of aikido in America, and grateful to have him as a teacher and an inspiration.

crbateman 01-28-2009 12:11 AM

Congratulations are certainly in order for a promotion both well-deserved and well overdue.

Dennis Hooker 01-28-2009 06:03 AM

Francis Takahashi Shihan
Francis Takahashi, 7th Dan, Founder and Chief instructor of the Aikido Academy, is truly one of the pioneers of Aikido in the United States. He began training in 1953 in Hawaii and moved to Los Angeles in 1961 where he practiced under the tutelage of his stepfather, Isao Takahashi, at L.A. Aikikai. The army took him to Chicago in 1963, and while there he became head instructor at the Illinois Aikido Club. Upon his return to California in 1965, he assumed leadership of the Rafu Dojo in East Los Angeles. In the early 1970's he formed Alhambra Aikikai, and the name was eventually changed to the Aikido Academy. Many fine senseis around the country can call Francis Takahashi their first teacher.

Quote:

Sy Labthavikul wrote: (Post 224131)
Wow, I JUST got back from the dojo where Takahashi Sensei shared the good news with us and here it is already on Aikiweb. Information age indeed. :-)

It goes without saying that everyone at the Alhambra Aikido Academy is proud of his lifelong accomplishments as one of the original pioneers of aikido in America, and grateful to have him as a teacher and an inspiration.

SeiserL 01-28-2009 07:13 AM

Great news. Very deserved.

I have trained and talked with Takahashi Sensei many times. Always a delight.

My very best to him.

Aikibu 01-28-2009 09:38 AM

Congrats to Sensei! I have not seen him since the Aiki-Expo and I hope to soon. He is a great human being...:)

William Hazen

locke_03 01-28-2009 10:12 AM

what a small world, i just saw Takahashi Sensei a couble of weeks a ago at the aikido bridge seminar in san diego

akiy 01-28-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Francis Takahashi Sensei - Promoted to 7th Dan

My congratulations go out to Takahashi sensei. I've always enjoyed the times I've had with him in training and talking. I even like some of his jokes!

-- Jun

gdandscompserv 01-28-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Jun Akiyama wrote: (Post 224164)
My congratulations go out to Takahashi sensei. I've always enjoyed the times I've had with him in training and talking. I even like some of his jokes!

If you like his jokes you will surely like his "yard sale" gifts.:D

akiy 01-28-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Ricky Wood wrote: (Post 224170)
If you like his jokes you will surely like his "yard sale" gifts.:D

Ah, yes. He gave me one the last time I saw him, in fact!

-- Jun