AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   embarresing (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6058)

AikiRaven 07-18-2004 07:12 AM

embarresing

Last class, i had fogot to take off my necklace when changing.... this necklace had ALOT of very small beads and pieces... while practicing..... my patner grabbed me by the collar of he GI for a thhrow and had grabbed my necklace without realizing and threw me.... i heard a snap and i fearto look over... Beads were EVERYWHERE i the middle of the class. Everyone in the dojo stopped and went ove and started picking them up, i was so embarresd i managed to stop a class everyone stopped to pickup the small beads. grrr how embaresing!!! :sorry:

Devin McDowell 07-18-2004 07:43 AM

Re: embarresing

Don't worry about it. I'm sure they'll forget about it soon if they haven't already. Accidents happen.

amberlee 07-18-2004 09:07 AM

In a few months you'll look back and laugh. People in my class like to use my navel ring if they can't get me down with the technique. :)

Tharis 07-18-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

Amber Henery wrote:
In a few months you'll look back and laugh. People in my class like to use my navel ring if they can't get me down with the technique. :)

Doesn't that hurt? Youch! :eek:

Tommy_S 07-18-2004 12:53 PM

Re: embarrassing

That's the least that could happen...... Passing gas during meditation while there's an absolute silence in the dojo.... that would be embarrassing. :D

amberlee 07-19-2004 09:39 PM

it does hurt but it gets me down:)

Bronson 07-20-2004 01:54 AM

Quote:

Tomislav Spilek wrote:
Passing gas during meditation while there's an absolute silence in the dojo.... that would be embarrassing. :D

Yup, it sure is ;)

Bronson

Devin McDowell 07-20-2004 06:29 AM

Quote:

Amber Henery wrote:

How do people grab that through your gi?

Noel 07-20-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Tomislav Spilek wrote:
That's the least that could happen...... Passing gas during meditation while there's an absolute silence in the dojo.... that would be embarrassing. :D

Been there, done that. I'm just grateful it wasn't one of the "Silent but Deadly" types. :yuck:

amberlee 07-20-2004 09:58 AM

I'm new so I don't have a gi yet but i'm getting one soon.

AikiRaven 07-20-2004 10:30 AM

when it happend to me the peosn grabed aroud my collar and hooked his finger with my necklace and threw

amberlee 07-20-2004 05:17 PM

don't worry I have had plenty of embarassing moments. people will forget about it:)

ryujin 07-20-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Tomislav Spilek wrote:

I thought that was the release of extra Ki. :confused:

xuzen 07-20-2004 09:26 PM

Once upon time, I had baked beans for breakfast. By afternoon, I was training at the dojo. I felt the urge to pass gas but it would be most inappropriate sice everybody was in seiza and listening to the sensei. So I held it. So when the time for practice I stood up, chosed a partner and started doing suwari waza shomen ikkyo osae. I still held it. Everytime my tori apply the pinning lock, the pain distracted my control and out goes some gas. I tried very hard to control it and evrytime he twist my arm again, I lose control and more gas passes out. He stood up, said that it was a good counter technique (henka waza).
:p

Boon.

amberlee 07-20-2004 09:28 PM

thats hilarious :D

xuzen 07-20-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Mark Kearney wrote:
Last class, i had fogot to take off my necklace when changing.... this necklace had ALOT of very small beads and pieces... while practicing..... my patner grabbed me by the collar of he GI for a thhrow and had grabbed my necklace without realizing and threw me.... i heard a snap and i fearto look over... Beads were EVERYWHERE i the middle of the class. Everyone in the dojo stopped and went ove and started picking them up, i was so embarresd i managed to stop a class everyone stopped to pickup the small beads. grrr how embaresing!!! :sorry:

That is why, wearing jewellery are not encouraged during practice. Mark, shame on you.... :D

amberlee 07-20-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Once upon time, I had baked beans for breakfast. By afternoon, I was training at the dojo. I felt the urge to pass gas but it would be most inappropriate sice everybody was in seiza and listening to the sensei. So I held it. So when the time for practice I stood up, chosed a partner and started doing suwari waza shomen ikkyo osae. I still held it. Everytime my tori apply the pinning lock, the pain distracted my control and out goes some gas. I tried very hard to control it and evrytime he twist my arm again, I lose control and more gas passes out. He stood up, said that it was a good counter technique (henka waza).

Its just too funny :D :p ;)

Kyri Honigh 07-20-2004 10:51 PM

Heheh well there was this cop guy at our dojo sometime ago now..We were doing the unbendable arm. We bowed to each other to practise. Then I asked him to try to pull my arm down with all his power. He was yanking my arm like crazy hehehe, his face turned red because of the exertion and then he FARTED!!!! LOUDLY!! Everybody started to laugh. It was so funny...his reply to our laughter was that I was pushing him too hard! Thank God I never had to break wind at the dojo...I wouldn't be able to bear the shame...seppuku would be the only way to restore my honor!!!

amberlee 07-20-2004 10:54 PM

thats also very funny. you guys have to stop telling these stories cuz now my stomach hurts and i can't breath:D

Dario Rosati 07-21-2004 06:41 AM

Oh well about embarassement, hear this... your bead necklace is beginner stuff in comparison :D

Recently we trained in a very hot and humid evening, all windows opened... mosquitos where everywhere and plagued us all the evening.
Bonus stuff for the incoming embarassement: we had invited a friendly dojo and his sensei to train with us that evening.
At the end of the lesson, since It seems that I have "good blood", I was litterally covered with stings and scratched myself everywhere... I was so frustrated and angry against them, that when we where meditating eye-closed in seiza for the final meditation and bowing ritual, as fast as i heard "bzzzt" in my hear I smashed a mosquito with a loud "CLAP!" with my hands in the total silence, and before thinking what i had done, even dare to say (quietly, but in the total silence it surely sounded loudly) "Yeah! One less!"...

I'll let you imagine the surprised reaction of the ready-to-bow senseis... I was red as a pepper and would have started to dig a hole in the mat to engrave myself inside... fortunately both senseis and the practiotioners are very handy people and all ended with a laugh after few seconds of uninterminable silence, in which they realized who had clapped and why :)

Some practitioners and even the sensei of the other dojo still point at me as "Aah! The Mosquito Guy" when we met at seminars :)

Bye!

gilsinnj 07-21-2004 09:22 AM

LOL :D :D :D

We call it "Stink-Ki" if people either come to practice really smelling or fart really bad during class.

We had a guy in class that had a chili dog from a questionable place for lunch. He came to practice and during opening warm-ups his stomach started doing that rumbling from deep down. As it turned out, the Sempai chose him for the first demonstration. After the first break-fall, he had to run off the mat to the bathroom. As our Sempai continued demonstrating with another student, all you could hear from the bathroom was the explosive diarrhea and groans from the student. :yuck: :eek: Needless to say, it was a little hard to concentrate on what Sempai was demonstrating. :D

-- Jim

amberlee 07-21-2004 08:25 PM

I can't stand it when somebody comes to class with bad b.o. :yuck: :grr:

senseimike 07-26-2004 06:11 PM

There are a few of us that have instituted an unofficial ettiquete about passing gas in the dojo. You must bow to your partner(if safely able to) make your way to the edge of the mat and point your kushi away from the center of the mat, if possible near the doorway. In the first building that we owned and used for a dojo, there was a window conviently located on the edge of the mat, just about the proper hight. A few of the guys used it to their advantage when it was open.

AikiRaven 08-05-2004 04:07 PM

hahaaha

Amassus 08-12-2004 06:42 PM

I have found that you can pass wind on the sly while taking breakfalls, as you hit the ground, slap your leading hand loudly on the ground and let rip!

I'll get caught one day ;)