AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Renshinkai/yoshinkan (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15176)

Lonin 09-26-2008 09:48 PM

Renshinkai/yoshinkan

I saw the on the recent you tube postings that Chida sensei has started a new branch movement, Renshinkai. The poster put in some captions that connotes a breakup and divide in the IYAF. Any news and thoughts?

Hebrew Hammer 09-26-2008 09:54 PM

Re: Renshinkai/yoshinkan

Chida? or Chiba sensei?

Lonin 09-26-2008 10:04 PM

Tsutomu Chida sensei, former dojocho of yoshinkan hombu. Seems he resigned Dec 07 to start his own dojo which was still part of the IYAF. Just wondering if the Renshinkai is now a separate entity.

raul rodrigo 09-26-2008 11:25 PM

It's apparently independent. Chida resigned from Yoshinkan Hombu and is now a Soke. It seems Chida and Yasuhisa Shioda could not get along.

Lonin 09-27-2008 12:11 AM

Wow, Chida the subtle (angry white pjs). I saw that David Eayrs sensei from Russia Misogi is supporting Chida sensei. How did this split come about?

al_entize 09-27-2008 07:41 AM

Hi! I'm Aldrick P. Entize,I'm a 1st KYU student of MUSUBI AIKIDO DOJO,Cebu,Phils. I just wanted to intoduce myself,I'm still keep on practicing. SEE YA!!

ABLee 09-28-2008 05:45 AM

Hi, I am from Malaysia, somebody from Renshinkan just came here.
Quite good classes too.

ABLee 09-30-2008 08:16 PM

The Kancho Shioda, here in Malaysia now. Got some classes in Kuala Lumpur . Some of people here want to go see him becos now long holidays. Maybe I can join.

Bernardo 10-11-2008 08:44 AM

Hi to all, I'm from Society AIkido Middle east. And about what I heard.... Yes Renshinkan is a separate entity. Anyway, IMHO, what ever done and what ever happens next just remember, We respect (the new Kancho) Yasuhisa Shioda in respect to late Soke Gozo Shioda. But even though respect is in tacked, we need to choose the right path... And In which side we'll gonna join in the future is up to us...

Osu!!

villrg0a 10-27-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Ah Bun Lee wrote: (Post 217283)
The Kancho Shioda, here in Malaysia now. Got some classes in Kuala Lumpur . Some of people here want to go see him becos now long holidays. Maybe I can join.

Hey Bun how are you - this is your shomen uchi partner Mel? Where you able to attend the classes? Please extend my regards to YAM.

ABLee 11-01-2008 12:54 AM

Hi Mr Mel,
I was not attending the classes. My friend Loh also not attend but he went to the demo in sunway. Rain heavyily.
From his friend, saying the kancho and malaysian headmaster also not happy rain and not indoors demo. During dinnertime also argueing with other dojomaster from other dojo. Many politiking goings on.....sad.
Hoping your sudi arabia dojo grows well.
Many Thank you.

villrg0a 11-01-2008 10:37 PM

Thanks Bun, hope all is well with you personally. Regards!

yudansha2006 03-09-2009 04:25 PM

Hi my name is Neville and i am from malta. We train Yoshinkan Aikido here however, there have been some changes and recently in December 2008, Sensei Saburo Takashima and Sensei Hidenori honoured with their presence holding a superb seminar. We decided to join their organisation. It's not about siding with anyone, its just the path that people choose. The training remains the same as in Yoshinkan Style, its just the organisation the dojo is affiliated with. Obviously since the dojo is under direct instructions from its Honbo, automatically the dojo adaptes the style of the mentioned affilaition. But, the training is quite the same.

Osu!!

aikispike 03-10-2009 07:04 AM

people join, people leave. Do your training. For 99% of us the politics means absolutely nothing. The mats are still there, your sensei is still there. Whoever is at the top of honbu is many thousands of miles away, and doesn't know anything about you and your training - so don't worry about him, do your training.

Chida Sensei teaches Gozo Shioda's aikido whatever the name of his group.

Neville didn't mention that Saburo Takashima Sensei is part of Chida Sensei's group so the Malta group seems to have joined Renshinkai.

Spike

Lonin 07-06-2009 11:23 PM

I attended the recent aikido masters clinic in seremban where hanshi Innoue and shihan chida was there......It was sublime. There were some aikidokas from aikikai as well, they seem to be very friendly to the local yoshinkan people and organisers. They were in praise of both the masters aikido. It is wonderful to see this happening in the yoshinkan brand because it is usually the yoshinkan guys that go to aikikai serminars.
Too bad that a very big group of KL yoshinkan people couldn't attend.

David Yap 07-07-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Loh On Nin wrote: (Post 234222)
...There were some aikidokas from aikikai as well, they seem to be very friendly to the local yoshinkan people and organisers. They were in praise of both the masters aikido. It is wonderful to see this happening in the yoshinkan brand because it is usually the yoshinkan guys that go to aikikai serminars...

Hi Loh,

We are indeed very friendly and we strive to practise brandless aikido without the politics. Joe Thambu shihan nicknamed us the "Aiki Tourists".

The organisers did a good job in the sense that the training sessions were in the form of a clinic rather than a seminar. The participants were allowed to ask questions and have one-to-one interactions at will with Inoue hanshi and Chida shihan. They were on hand to explain the underlying principles of the techniques. Opposed to most seminars where participants are only required to observe and mimic the movements of seminar leader. Cut the story short, we went away with much knowledge and improvements.

Happy training

David Y

Sy Labthavikul 07-07-2009 07:32 AM

That sounds very cool... how exactly did the clinic run as opposed to a normal seminar?

Lonin 12-08-2009 03:05 AM

For me Chida & Innoue senseis had a theme of focussing on the difficulties of a certain move or technique. They then went on with their ways of overcoming that particular difficulty for the whole session.
If a clinic is where you go to get a cure for a certain weakness, that Seremban event was 100% "clinic"

Lonin 01-30-2010 11:47 PM

Hi everybody,
Just heard that sensei Chida is visitng Melbourne late April. With Air Asia the trip can be manageable. Anybody from Asean going for that?

TCSSEC 04-19-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Lonin wrote: (Post 251346)
Hi everybody,
Just heard that sensei Chida is visitng Melbourne late April. With Air Asia the trip can be manageable. Anybody from Asean going for that?

I know of at least one person attending from Malaysia. I'd be surprised if there are not more from Asean. It's rather late ... as the event starts on Saturday April 24 ... but see this page for the advert: http://www.aikidoshudokan.com/

Lonin 04-30-2010 12:48 PM

I missed the chance, especially with air asia fares being reasonably affordable. On another note, what has happened to hanshi Innoue?

justlikeswimming 05-31-2010 07:41 AM

It seems the Aikido Renshinkai is set to launch a collection of videos, free and online, for students and teachers of Aikido.

The project is known as the Renshinkai Book and features basic techniques and movements as demonstrated by Chida Tsutomu Shihan.

Did I mention it will be FREE. Stay tuned, I'll post when I have something more. :D

Lonin 06-19-2010 08:06 PM

Domoarigato gozaimasu Paul, let me be the first to thank you for the info....looking forward to the Renshinkai Book.

justlikeswimming 06-20-2010 04:06 AM

It appears that some of the videos in the "Renshinkai Book" are online already on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/aikidorenshinkai

There are a bunch of videos of kihon dosa and kihon waza. More are on the way apparently, but there is nothing on the official site yet.

Be first to check them out on Youtube! :cool: