AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Dan Harden at Popkin-Brogna June 1-3 (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21102)

Howard Popkin 04-06-2012 06:43 AM

Dan Harden at Popkin-Brogna June 1-3

June 1-3

Friday night 6-9
Sat 10-6
Sund 10-6

Popkin-Brogna Self Defense Center
686 Dogwood Avenue
Franklin Square, NY 11010
516-489-1278

Cost $175.00 Deadline is May 5th.
Send payment to Paypal homeoffice@charter.net
Send inquiries to dojoseminars@gmail.com
Don't mix them up!!

There are a few spots for people who haven't trained with Dan.

Thanks !

Joe Brogna 04-10-2012 10:29 AM

Re: Dan Harden at Popkin-Brogna June 1-3

I can't wait. It's always an enlightening weekend. I don't know what hurts more after the seminar, my body from all the IS stuff or my stomach from laughing so much!

Joe

John Connolly 04-10-2012 12:43 PM

I'm psyched to come and see your place and get a good mental and physical workout. Hoping to catch up to the rest of the TNBBC back West on some mad IS skillz.

Thanks, Dan, for teaching and thanks, Joe and Howard, for hosting!

ChrisMoses 04-10-2012 01:34 PM

Howie, hide the Bushmills quick!

;)

So glad you guys are going to get some face time, you're going to have a blast.

As for catching up to the Left Coasters, judging on how well we did in PDX, there's not much to catch up to! :D

Howard Popkin 04-23-2012 01:59 PM

Dan told me that not too many people have registered yet ???????????

Get on the ball people

:)

MM 05-28-2012 10:48 AM

I'm planning on being there saturday and staying saturday night, but I have to leave sunday before noon. Anyone want to share a room? Or have a spare couch? :)

Email is wv_mark at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
Mark

Howard Popkin 05-29-2012 02:50 PM

glad you will be joining us !

DH 05-30-2012 04:34 PM

I can't wait to get back in the saddle!!!
I have been home for two weeks training, pole shaking....I am ready to rock with you guys!

We have to convince Randall that I won't pole shake and then issue into him. I don't think he wants to feel that acceleration again anytime soon! :freaky: :hypno:
There is going to be another interesting collection of who's who at this gathering and I can't wait for the fallderall to start!
Dan

gregstec 05-30-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 310029)
There is going to be another interesting collection of who's who at this gathering and I can't wait for the fallderall to start!
Dan

Have youse been reading again :crazy: I might need to bring my dictionary along just to know what youse be talking about :D

Greg

Garth 05-30-2012 06:18 PM

Foolish nonsense!?!?
Im in
Let the games begin.
Greg

Janet Rosen 05-30-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 310029)
We have to convince Randall that I won't pole shake and then issue into him.

Jeez, Dan, I thought these seminars were appropriate for all ages :D

DH 05-31-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Janet Rosen wrote: (Post 310037)
Jeez, Dan, I thought these seminars were appropriate for all ages :D

OMG!! thats Old Testament stuff!!
Ya know how people say "I almost spit up my coffee reading that?"
I almost did!! Truly!
Er....uhm.....oh my.... I have no words....
Dog on you Rosen!!! :o
Dan

Patrick Hutchinson 05-31-2012 06:54 PM

Howie, Mark, Joe, Greg et al,
sorry I can't be there, I have to play a wedding on the Cape smack in the middle of Saturday.
boo hoo.
So come north already.
P.

Janet Rosen 06-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 310047)
OMG!! thats Old Testament stuff!!
Ya know how people say "I almost spit up my coffee reading that?"
I almost did!! Truly!
Er....uhm.....oh my.... I have no words....
Dog on you Rosen!!! :o
Dan

oooh did I make you blush again?!
More than one way to achieve kuzushi! :)

gregstec 06-01-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Patrick Hutchinson wrote: (Post 310071)
Howie, Mark, Joe, Greg et al,
sorry I can't be there, I have to play a wedding on the Cape smack in the middle of Saturday.
boo hoo.
So come north already.
P.

Darn, no bad jokes to put up with :( - oh, wait, not to worry, Dan is pretty good at bad jokes as well :D

Patrick Hutchinson 06-02-2012 03:54 PM

I taught Dan everything he knows about bad jokes.
No, wait, what I meant was...

Marc Abrams 06-03-2012 07:43 PM

This was a phenomenal seminar! A lot of hard work on solo training exercises over the course of this past weekend. It is remarkable how deep this work is and how much work is required on our part to just ingrain a little bit of this stuff into how we use our bodies. Thanks again to everybody! Hope to see all of you when Dan returns to my place on Sept. 7, 8, 9.

Marc Abrams

SeiserL 06-04-2012 04:47 AM

Had to work.
Sorry I missed everyone and the opportunity.
Glad it went well for all.
Looking forward to it in the future.

Tengu859 06-04-2012 08:42 AM

"BOOM...!!!"

DH 06-04-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Chris Western wrote: (Post 310297)
"BOOM...!!!"

Heyyyy!!! :o

Good Grief!!!
I can't teach anymore with certain people around!!!!
We can't seem stop laughing:D :D
Although everyone keeps telling me- I'm my worst enemy...:o
Cheers
Coach!!

DH 06-04-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote: (Post 310283)
Had to work.
Sorry I missed everyone and the opportunity.
Glad it went well for all.
Looking forward to it in the future.

One o' these days Lynn!!
As long as you understand we are so deadly serious on the mats and under......not!
I watched a Senior Aikido teacher stare in wonder at our shenanigans as Bill and I took turns bowing lower, and then lower...then lower still, Not to be outdone...I beat him to the punch by laying prostrate at his feet !!!
Then the dojo owner lifted the mat so someone could crawl under and said "Any takers?" :D :D

Joe Brogna 06-04-2012 09:51 AM

Another great Seminar by Dan. As always Dan is ready with the next step to amp up our training to the next level. We even had some newbies on the mat who left with a whole lot of info.
There was a whole lot of humor and laughs, but this just kept everyone well grounded. The in depth concentration on solo exercises really paid off. We don't suck as much anymore! Dan even had some new tricks up his sleeve that he has been working on.Damn he is an alien! I still can't get over how much internal power he has. I can only laugh, shake my head and head back to my solo excerises.

Thanks again to Dan, Don( who is the brains behind the operation,:-) Terri, and Paul for all your help. I look forward to the next one seminar at Marc's dojo.

Joe Brogna

Garth 06-04-2012 10:01 AM

Cost of travel to Howard's Dojo for me = about 20-30 dollars
Mat fee for Seminar= 175 dollars.
Being in the room with high level serious budo people and having a good, no great time= PRICELESS$$:D :D

Greg

DH 06-04-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Joe Brogna wrote: (Post 310307)
Another great Seminar by Dan. As always Dan is ready with the next step to amp up our training to the next level. We even had some newbies on the mat who left with a whole lot of info.
There was a whole lot of humor and laughs, but this just kept everyone well grounded. The in depth concentration on solo exercises really paid off. We don't suck as much anymore! Dan even had some new tricks up his sleeve that he has been working on.Damn he is an alien! I still can't get over how much internal power he has. I can only laugh, shake my head and head back to my solo excerises.

Thanks again to Dan, Don( who is the brains behind the operation,:-) Terri, and Paul for all your help. I look forward to the next one seminar at Marc's dojo.

Joe Brogna

Hey.....Don't forget Jill!! Who Marc called the real task master!!!
Hell, even I'm afraid of pissing off that little school teacher! We say..."Here comes the truth train"...er....wait...uhm...she says that...no wait...I think she has US trained to say that...I'm so confused..
Big things...in small packages!!
The most fun I had was the push-out test, standing stick straight on my heels with my feet raised off the floor. I thought Howard was going to punch me for that one!! Then I went on one foot. ;)

Next time, quick review, then on to building intent and other interesting things.
Then next time, back to this weekends work and testing your intent. Lots of fun in store, not the least of which .....as was demonstrated several times.....how it externally manifest this in Aikido, or MMA.
Lots to do....lots to do....
Dan

Joe Brogna 06-04-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Dan Harden wrote: (Post 310311)
Hey.....Don't forget Jill!! Who Marc called the real task master!!!
Hell, even I'm afraid of pissing off that little school teacher! We say..."Here comes the truth train"...er....wait...uhm...she says that...no wait...I think she has US trained to say that...I'm so confused..
Big things...in small packages!!
The most fun I had was the push-out test, standing stick straight on my heels with my feet raised off the floor. I thought Howard was going to punch me for that one!! Then I went on one foot. ;)

Next time, quick review, then on to building intent and other interesting things.
Then next time, back to this weekends work and testing your intent. Lots of fun in store, not the least of which .....as was demonstrated several times.....how it externally manifest this in Aikido, or MMA.
Lots to do....lots to do....
Dan

Sorry, Jill is so quiet I forgot about her. I also forgot Tom! :sorry: