AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   George Ledyard Sensei- Bedford Hills, New York: March 18-20, 2011 (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19168)

Marc Abrams 01-04-2011 10:45 AM

George Ledyard Sensei- Bedford Hills, New York: March 18-20, 2011

Seminar with George Ledyard Sensei- 6th Dan

Ledyard Sensei returns to Bedford Hills for his annual seminar. This year's seminar will focus on "Aiki and Connection" and "Aiki Sword." Ledyard Sensei has a precise teaching style that enables all students of any level to achieve tangible progress in their training by the end of the seminar. Ledyard Sensei will also be available for private lessons on Friday, March 11th. The rate is $100/hr with a 2-hour minumum for groups and a 1-hour minimum for 1-2 people. All of his DVD's will also be available to purchase during the seminar.

When

Friday, March 18, 2011. 7pm - 9pm.: Aiki and Connection

Saturday, March 19, 2011. 9am - Noon: Aiki and Connection

Saturday, March 19, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Aiki Sword

Sunday, March 20, 2011. 9am - Noon: Aiki and Connection

Sunday, March 20, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Aiki Sword

Cost

1) Three Days- $150

2) All Day (Saturday or Sunday)- $75

3) Two Hour Session- $40

4) Three Hour Session- $50

Where

Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai

185 Adams Street

Bedford Hills, New York 10507

Ph: 914-242-3636

E-mail: Sensei@aasbk.com

If you are interested in attending, please contact me (Marc Abrams Sensei. See above-mentioned contact info.) so that I can send you a registration form and liability release.

Marc Abrams

George S. Ledyard 01-05-2011 02:56 PM

Seminar Focus

"The seminar will focus in specific, principle based, body centered instruction on the execution of Aikido technique with "aiki". The goal is to better understand "aiki" and how to apply it with the eventual result that one truly attains a level of technique in which physical size and power do not matter. Paired exercises, empty hand waza and bokken work will be focused towards this end. A portion of the seminar will also be devoted to material suggested by the attendees. Private lessons, individual or small group, will be available on Friday during the day."

I'd love to see any of my Aikiweb friends in March if they can make it...
- George

Marc Abrams 01-06-2011 01:39 PM

Re: George Ledyard Sensei- Bedford Hills, New York: March 18-20, 2011

OOPS! My Stupid! I Posted the Wrong Dates!

Jun has been kind enough to change my initial post to the correct dates. I apologize for my mistake!

Marc Abrams

ps. Correct dates: 3/18-3/20

George S. Ledyard 02-22-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Marc Abrams wrote: (Post 271735)
When

Friday, March 18, 2011. 7pm - 9pm.: Aiki and Connection

Saturday, March 19, 2011. 9am - Noon: Aiki and Connection

Saturday, March 19, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Aiki Sword

Sunday, March 20, 2011. 9am - Noon: Aiki and Connection

Sunday, March 20, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Aiki Sword

By way of more detailed explanation... the "Aiki and Connection" classes will focus on trying to connect the principles being shown by my teachers, Saotome Sensei and Ikeda Sensei in their exercises and advanced technique with the standard Kihon waza most folks need to be responsible for performing or teaching as part of progress up the ranks.

The sword work will be "cross style'. It will not be specific to any particular style or teacher but should contain principles that most aiki sword work should have in order to be considered aiki sword.

So, little if anything we do will be specific to any "style" and anyone from any affiliation should find what we do helpful.

George S. Ledyard 03-15-2011 03:28 PM

I intend to donate a good portion of my seminar fee to the Earthquake relief efforts in Japan. Given the fact that there are now some matching funds to be had, I think I should be able to make a little difference...

Marc Abrams, my host, will also be donating any profits from the event so come and train, have a good time , and do some good at the same time. Hope to see folks there.

- George

RonRagusa 03-19-2011 05:27 PM

Ok, posted this to the wrong thread. Some comments on George's Friday night class are here:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...548#post279548

Ron

Marc Abrams 03-21-2011 12:50 PM

I would like to thank all of the attendees who made this seminar such a wonderful experience for all of us. It was a great pleasure to finally meet Ron and Mary and look forward to future meetings.

Cordially,

marc abrams