AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   AikiWeb System (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bu Jin Design Closing at the End of March (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17779)

ninjaqutie 03-02-2010 03:36 PM

Bujin is going out of business!

Just an FYI for you bujin lovers, they are going out of business. If there is something you want, I would go to their site ASAP. Once their current stock is gone, its gone! I got a gi (sadly they didn't have an extra small in 12 oz, so I got a 8.5 oz top and a 12 oz bottom) and I am sad to say I guess I will never get a hakama from them because I just don't have the cash and I really needed the gi more then the hak. Their prices are at a 35% discount. Good luck. :(

JJohnston 03-02-2010 03:36 PM

Bu Jin design is closing

Well I have heard that bujin design is closing its doors. there is a blipit on their home page
http://www.bujindesign.com

any Idea of where to get quality hakams and aikio style shinai?

the really is unfortunate, they are the best IMHO.

AikiWeb System 03-02-2010 03:39 PM

Bu Jin Design Closing at the End of March

Posted 2010-03-02 15:39:15 by Jun Akiyama
News URL: http://www.bujindesign.com

Bu Jin Design, a manufacturer of aikido equipment including dogi, hakama, and weapons, will be closing at the end of March. Information regarding pending and new orders may be found on their website.

From their website: "This news comes with little warning, and for that we apologize. Bu JinŽ Design's belt-tightening recession measures just haven't been able to ward off an unhappy turn of events. With little more to squeeze, and facing the end of our lease at the end of this month, we have had to do a lot of pencil chewing."

Shadowfax 03-02-2010 03:40 PM

Re: Bujin is going out of business!

Yeah too sad. :( I ordered my Hackama last night.

ninjaqutie 03-02-2010 03:59 PM

Re: Bu Jin Design Closing at the End of March

I really, really, REALLY wanted a hakama from them. I put the pants on my card and my brother bought my gi top. I just can't swing the hakama. Boohoo..... such a great deal too..... (though they didn't have any women cut hakama anyway)

JRY 03-02-2010 04:07 PM

Just really really wish I had the money! sigh...
I would have liked to get a keikogi, hakama and bokken from them.
I still have my weapons bag from them.
Great gear! really really sad indeed

David Maidment 03-02-2010 04:09 PM

I was looking at the hakama available earlier. When I returned to make the purchase this afternoon, the one I wanted was gone. I am not a happy aiki-bunny!

Michael Hackett 03-02-2010 04:16 PM

Sorry to hear that they are closing. Good people and great products and service. I also have had great results from E-Bogu.com. They are in Torrance, California and operated by a high ranking kendoka. Their gi and hakama are excellent quality.

ninjaqutie 03-02-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

David Maidment wrote: (Post 253121)
I was looking at the hakama available earlier. When I returned to make the purchase this afternoon, the one I wanted was gone. I am not a happy aiki-bunny!

I feel ya. While I was debating on getting the XS (which will more then likely fit me better) 8.5 oz or the S 12 oz (the weight I really wanted), the small 12 oz dissapeared. I quickly told my brother to snatch up the XS. My only concern is that I got tall in both the jacket and pants. Not sure how that will work out. I e-mailed them to ask the difference, but I have yet to hear back. I have really long legs, so the pants don't really concern me, but I don't want the sleeves to be too long (though I roll them up anyway).

Maybe they will luck out and get a buyer. It is truly a sad day. They are the only company that caters to women. Not to mention they have been in business for 30 years! They are keeping their license though and will continue to do articles and videos and such. They said there may be a possibility to expand back to uniforms down the road if funds and such is attainable. :sorry:

RED 03-02-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Jerry Teo wrote: (Post 253120)
Just really really wish I had the money! sigh...
\

I've been saying that forever now. ;)
Bu Jin has always had a price my pocketbook never was comfortable with.

Cliff Judge 03-03-2010 09:16 AM

Where are we supposed to get fukoro shinai from now? Or weapons bags made out of ballistics cloth??

ninjaqutie 03-03-2010 11:27 AM

:( ::sniffles:: I just feel bad for all the people who were loyal bujin customers. Everyone I know who has bought from them has been more then pleased. Someone please buy bujin!

Shadowfax 03-03-2010 01:46 PM

It was a sad thing when this was announced in the dojo last night. Another thing to be concerned about is Ikeda sensei. I understand Bu Jin was an important source of income for him. Hopefully this turn of events will not cause him a great deal of hardship.

lbb 03-03-2010 02:02 PM

I have a Bujin weapons bag that is...jeez...at least sixteen years old at this point, and I think probably closer to 20. When I think about all the places (geographical and metaphorical) that that bag and I have been together, it makes me extra sad that Bujin is going away. They say getting attached to things is bad, but I'll always cherish the things I got from Bujin.

Shadowfax 03-03-2010 04:36 PM

They just posted some more stuff. Weapons bags, thank goodness. So I was able to get one after all. The two items I really wanted to come specifically from Bujin are checked off my list. Sad kinda happy.

ilia rudnitskiy 03-03-2010 05:35 PM

Aw dang... I was going to buy a hakama from them after my test this weekend... but looks like they sold out of my size :(
What's another good place to buy them?

Janet Rosen 03-03-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Ilia Rudnitskiy wrote: (Post 253196)

https://www.budogu.com/ - imports directly from Japan, very good customer service

Nick P. 03-04-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Ilia Rudnitskiy wrote: (Post 253196)
Aw dang... I was going to buy a hakama from them after my test this weekend... but looks like they sold out of my size :(

Tozando, and having several BuJin products, much prefer Tozando, IMHO.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17533

raul rodrigo 03-04-2010 07:09 AM

My preference is Tozando for gis, and Iwata for hakamas.

ilia rudnitskiy 03-04-2010 07:44 AM

What's a good hakama from Iwata (or what are the features of each for those who know)? I can't really comprehend the broken english

ninjaqutie 03-04-2010 10:52 AM

Just a forwarning, I think Iwatas site can be difficult for some people to navigate. It isn't really done too well, but you may get a chuckle or too out of the translation to english. :) I have heard good things from both tozando and iwata purchasers, but there are tons of other options out there as well.

Cherie, it is funny that you mentioned them putting new things up there because I have been going back daily to drool over the hakama and see how few left they have of my size. I was looking at the gi pants again and they had size small. I swore they weren't there when I ordered mine (I was forced to buy small tall). Now I know they are still adding things. I did notice the weapons bag link was new though and didn't think nothing of it. :)

Janet, do you happen to know any other suppliers that seel womens hakama? I have searched online, but haven't had much luck. :( Though, I did find a pretty pale pink hakama! Sensei would just give me "the look" if I even brought it up. HAHA.

Janet Rosen 03-04-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Ashley Carter wrote: (Post 253239)
Janet, do you happen to know any other suppliers that seel womens hakama? .

Fraid not., unless you want to make your own from the pattern from Round Earth.
I helped Carol Shifflett many yrs ago by starting out to "proof" her pattern by making it up, & we ended up slightly altering the pattern & totally rewriting the instructions. It does include instructions for custom shaping the side openings for your curves.

ninjaqutie 03-04-2010 01:41 PM

Uck... I am so not talented with sewing... ::sigh:: Oh well. Can't get everything you want in life!

donhebert 03-04-2010 01:44 PM

I am really going to miss Bu Jin Design. They had really high quality products, thoughtful designs and great service. I am going to find it hard to replace them.

Best wishes to the employees and managers of Bu Jin. On to the next adventure!

Don Hebert

Tinyboy344 03-04-2010 02:50 PM

I can't even go on their website n e more :(