AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Ukemi Workshop taught by Kaizen Taiki (4/17 & 4/18) (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17516)

Marc Abrams 01-13-2010 03:17 PM

Ukemi Workshop taught by Kaizen Taiki (4/17 & 4/18)

Kaizen Taiki is a certified Systema instructor under Vladimir Vasiliev who teaches at Systema NW - Eastside in Bellevue, Washington. His understanding of Systema principles along with 22 years of martial arts experience contribute to Kaizen's soft style focused on breathing, health and psyche while maintaining martial validity.

Kaizen will combine his experience in Kodokan Judo, Aikido and Japanese Koryu with Systema principle in a workshop that will transform how the Aikido student views ukemi. We will focus on ukemi as a means of developing awareness of the Physical and Psychological Tension that develops from fear of conflict and falling. We will then break down the ukemi process and see how to cleanse, strengthen and balance ourselves through a healthy and safe martial practice.

The content covered will be appropriate for men and women interested in developing "soft falling" skills. This class will be very beneficial for anyone wishing to reduce fear and injury while building confidence both on and off the mat. Instructors in particular will benefit from the application of Systema principle to their current teaching methodology.

All organizations and affiliations are welcome!

Dates: Saturday, April 17 from 1pm. - 6pm.

Sunday, April 18 from Noon - 5pm.

Costs: $125 for both days for registration and payment received before March 20.

$150 for both days after March 20.

$75 for one day of the workshop.

185 Adams Street

Bedford Hills, New York 10507

914-242-3636
www.aasbk.com/events.php

For registration and liability release forms, please send e-mail to Sensei@aasbk.com

yankeechick 01-14-2010 12:54 AM

Re: Ukemi Workshop taught by Kaizen Taiki (4/17 & 4/18)

Hello,

Did you read my posts and decide that this would be a great idea? LOL...

I will try to register as soon as I can for this one. I am so excited.

Howard Popkin 01-14-2010 06:33 AM

People,

Until you have seen Kaizen's ukemi skills, you can't really comprehend how this will change your viewpoint.

The first time I threw Kaizen, I was waiting for the thump..........but it sounded more like ......

Um sorry, what ? You didn't hear that ? That's because there was no NOISE ??????

Please, go see Kaizen. If you do any sort of throwing based system, you need this.

If my schedule permits, I'm there !

Howard

P.S. Don't ask him to show you his punches, that would be bad :)

Marc Abrams 04-19-2010 12:20 PM

I would like to extend a HUGE thanks to Kaizen Taiki and a thanks to all of the people who attended this seminar!

Kaizen Taiki is a remarkably effective teacher who presented attendees with an approach towards ukemi different than what we are accustomed to. The Systema approach allowed people to explore unnecessary fears and tensions that are typically associated with ukemi. Attendees were able to make significant progress in working through the fears and tensions that inhibit one's ukemi while opening ones' self up to a greater risk of injury.

If you have an opportunity to take a class/seminar taught by Kaizen Taiki, you will be well rewarded by doing so. Kaizen will be returning to my dojo next April to teach a seminar on Breathing and it's relationship to martial arts.

Marc Abrams