AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Aiki Redneck (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10815)

Robert Jackson 08-15-2006 09:10 PM

Aiki Redneck

Something happened in class that made want to post this thread... Surely we can apply redneck jokes to aikido! here's two to begin with.

1. If you bokken is held together with duct tape... you might be an aiki redneck.

2. If you show up in class with in your gi and cowboy boots... you might be an aiki redneck.

Ok any others you can think of?

Robert Jackson 08-15-2006 09:59 PM

Re: Aiki Redneck

Just to get going a bit more here's some more for ya...

3. If you've ever refered to your joe as the "anti-sum-bi@@@ stick"... you might be an aiki redneck
4. If you've ever said "my joe is bigger then yours"... you might be an aiki redneck
5. if you've ever pronouced kotegashie "koto goshe" OR Mune Tsuki "moon-a-suky"... you might be an aiki redneck
6. If you've ever practice solo in a mall\supermarket\office and caused people to give you funny looks... you might be an aiki redneck

darin 08-15-2006 11:31 PM

no. 6 reminds me of one of my brother's friends who would do tae kwon do stretches everytime he meets someone in a department store. The funny thing is he continues doing them after you have walked away... Still probably not as extreme as a friend's classmate who wore 4kg ankle weights (very bulky) everytime he goes out with his friends.

Lan Powers 08-16-2006 08:58 AM

If you (like me) have spent more on the gear you train with, than the car you haul it to the dojo in...
you might be an aiki-redneck

Lan Powers 08-16-2006 09:01 AM

If your private mental terminology for aikido terms includes "Fling-downs, and Crunchers"
:)
Yew mite be uh reyed-nekk.
Welcome to Texas, Baybee!
Lan

Eric Webber 08-16-2006 10:13 AM

If getting dressed up means wearing the hakama WITHOUT the patches on the knees, you might be an aiki redneck

Eric Webber 08-16-2006 10:14 AM

If your solution to every problem is to say, "grab my wrist," you might be an aiki redneck.

Jerry Miller 08-16-2006 11:28 AM

If going to a seminar is a chance to meet Woman.

If you have a tee shirt from every seminar you have ever been to. (raises hand) :p

BC 08-16-2006 12:38 PM

If that person says "look at me" while demonstrating a technique.

Ron Tisdale 08-16-2006 01:03 PM

I loved that line from Chili Palmer...

Look at me...no...look at me...

B,
R

Erick Mead 08-16-2006 03:02 PM

If the last thing you remember from class was saying:
"Hey, y'all -- watch 'is!" ...

If your tsuba is what left of the duct tape roll after you wrap up the splinters on your bokken ...

Lan Powers 08-16-2006 03:32 PM

Haaaa haaa *snort* sniffle....haaa ha !
Tsuba is the a$$hole of the tape roll..........owww my side..

Luv it

aikigirl10 08-16-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Robert Jackson wrote:
"my joe is bigger then yours"

If you spell "jo" J-O-E... you might be an aiki redneck

*Paige*
sorry i couldn't resist lol

Erick Mead 08-16-2006 04:18 PM

If you are asked by a dojo mate where to find an obi -- and you give him the number of your wife's gynecologist ...

If, when Sensei says at the beginning of class, "Onegaishimasu!" --
you say, "God bless you!" ...

Robert Jackson 08-16-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Paige Frazier wrote:
If you spell "jo" J-O-E... you might be an aiki redneck

*Paige*
sorry i couldn't resist lol

I was waiting for someone to comment on that :D

Jonathan Han 08-16-2006 08:37 PM

If your dojo is held up with loose cinder blocks, you might be an Aiki Redneck.

If the dojo collapses and it kills more than three dogs, then you're definitely a Redneck.

happysod 08-17-2006 02:16 AM

Your picture of O sensei is a tasteful screen print done in genuine silver (style) on a black (synthetic) velvet canvas and your pure-breed pit bull/Yorkshire terrier guard dogs are named irimi and tenkan - you've really got problems

dps 08-17-2006 04:48 AM

Quote:

Ian Hurst wrote:
and your pure-breed pit bull/Yorkshire terrier guard dogs are named irimi and tenkan - you've really got problems

or you name your daughter Irimi and your son Tenkan. :)

Mark Freeman 08-17-2006 05:35 AM

or you say to your wife/partner "grab my whatsit, I need a work out" ;)

MikeLogan 08-17-2006 07:23 AM

If you think of yudansha after seeing a holstein cow, you might be an aiki-redneck.

Dajo251 08-17-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Erick Mead wrote:
If you are asked by a dojo mate where to find an obi -- and you give him the number of your wife's gynecologist ...

ok that one made me laugh alot

Lee Mulgrew 08-22-2006 03:40 AM

if after doing mae ukemi you tip your stetson and spit on the ground and dust off your knees then godammit boy you is a redneck!

Lee Mulgrew 08-22-2006 03:42 AM

if you like choke techniques because it brings out the colour in your neck then, yup, you's a redneck!

or if during ukemi from koshinage you shout yeehaaaw!! then you is defernatly a redneck boy! :D

Robert Jackson 08-22-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

Lee Mulgrew wrote:
if during ukemi from koshinage you shout yeehaaaw!! then you is defernatly a redneck boy! :D

lol I think I'm going to have to do this next time we do Koshi! :D

aikidoc 08-22-2006 10:56 AM

If you practice high falls while galloping on a horse at full speed, you might be an aiki-redneck.

If you "have" to wear a hakama to hide your bowed legs you might be an aiki-redneck.

If your sensei constantly has to tell you stop walking like you have a cob up your a$$ you might be an aik-redneck.

I have actually heard someone use coat a gosh and moon a sooky and thought it was the correct way to pronounce it.