AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steven Seagal Emotion Chart (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13490)

j0nharris 11-01-2007 09:11 AM

Steven Seagal Emotion Chart

I hadn't seen this one before...

Nick P. 11-01-2007 10:31 AM

Re: Steven Seagal Emotion Chart

*snicker* That is pretty funny.

And before anyone gets their obi in a bind, I believe we are talking about his acting range, not his martial skills.

aikidoc 11-01-2007 11:51 AM

With that range he wouldn't be any fun in poker.

Avery Jenkins 11-04-2007 04:45 PM

Wait -- I think I've seen that movie!

CitoMaramba 11-05-2007 05:19 AM

I think this article is worth revisiting:
http://www.salon.com/june97/columnis...mor970626.html

Sample:
Quote:

Another time, Seagal was securing the perimeter around the dojo when a young monk asked him, "Sensei, how do we know that the loss of delusion is not itself a delusion?" Seagal nodded sagely, pulled a bowie knife from beneath his tatami and buried it three inches in the monk's forehead. When the monk fell lifeless to the floor, Seagal turned to the other monks and asked softly, "Anybody else want a piece of this?" They all achieved enlightenment on the spot!

jason jordan 11-05-2007 11:50 AM

Just being a bit curious, but do you think that his skill today is as good as it was in his younger years?

I highly admire his technique but I just wonder if he has allowed hollywood and his newly found "Pouch Of Ki" to hinder his ability. And "No" I don't care to find out for myself.

Pierre Kewcharoen 11-05-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Jason Jordan wrote: (Post 193227)
Just being a bit curious, but do you think that his skill today is as good as it was in his younger years?

I highly admire his technique but I just wonder if he has allowed hollywood and his newly found "Pouch Of Ki" to hinder his ability. And "No" I don't care to find out for myself.

I highly doubt it. The days of voluntarily giving the bad guy a weapon in order to perform shihonage are over.

jason jordan 11-05-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Pierre Kewcharoen wrote: (Post 193262)
I highly doubt it. The days of voluntarily giving the bad guy a weapon in order to perform shihonage are over.

I think I might agree with you, but! I have seen some other sensei with the "Buddah Belly" that have been pretty good. He may not move like he used to, but I really want to believe that he is still quite effective.:(

I wish I knew when he was doing a seminar or something...I would uke for him just to feel it.:hypno:

ChristianBoddum 11-06-2007 07:26 AM

Careful with an older guy, he might be to tired fight and kill right there on the spot !

(quote, or something to that effect)

CitoMaramba 11-06-2007 07:41 AM

More from the Salon.com article:
Quote:

You might remember the story, for example, of the young monk who approached his master with a duck in a bottle. When he asked the master how to get the duck out of the bottle, the master replied, "The duck is out of the bottle." As a mysterious anecdote designed to shake a seeker out of preconceived notions about the nature of reality, this little slice of life is brief and to the point.

Well, I have it on good authority that Seagal was also approached by a young monk who had a duck in a bottle. When he asked Seagal how to remove the duck, Seagal pulled a semiautomatic weapon out of his buckskin jacket and blew the bottle to splinters. "Happy now?" he then asked the monk, who immediately achieved satori.
:D :D :D

jason jordan 11-06-2007 07:45 AM

Wow! It's just hard to believe that after sooo many years of training and after that level of accomplishment that he could actually let it go. Well although I am not a fan of his new movies I am of a fan of his aikido (Aikido from the old days). I still have faith in the dude.

His older movies really showed the Bunkai of aikido. I know he went a bit over board with all the breaking arms and limbs and ripping people's heads off, and ripping thier arms off and beating them to death with it. But when I started aikido, his movies helped me to see the application of the technique. I think it helped my training becuase even now I am always observing the "Real World" application of the technique.:disgust: :mad: evileyes

His randori was the best.

jason jordan 11-06-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Christian Boddum wrote: (Post 193332)
Careful with an older guy, he might be to tired fight and kill right there on the spot !

(quote, or something to that effect)

That quote reminds me of "Indiana Jones and the temple of doom...I think?"

Where the big Arab guy is swinging his sword around and Indiana just shoots the guy.

I call that "Conflict Resolution before it even happens" lol

Pierre Kewcharoen 11-06-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Jason Jordan wrote: (Post 193334)

His older movies really showed the Bunkai of aikido. I know he went a bit over board with all the breaking arms and limbs and ripping people's heads off, and ripping thier arms off and beating them to death with it. But when I started aikido, his movies helped me to see the application of the technique. I think it helped my training becuase even now I am always observing the "Real World" application of the technique.:disgust: :mad: evileyes

Don't forget that his character was always completely invincible. I don't think anyone landed a single punch to him. The only time he got hurt was when getting shot or him dying in executive decision. And Fire down below That movie just plain sucked :yuck:

wideawakedreamer 11-06-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Jon Harris wrote: (Post 192927)
I hadn't seen this one before...

ROFLMAO:D