AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Testing (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Shodan Test in one Week. (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5556)

Williamross77 05-10-2004 11:26 PM

Shodan Test in one Week.

I am seeking extra advice from experienced Aikidoka/ Shihan for my Shodan test. This is not my first time to test for that rank, but it is for me in aikido. My test is slightly unconventional as far as i can tell, it has material that i must teach on it and innovations that i must seek out.
if not just send me some good thoughts!
Domo

Largo 05-11-2004 01:06 AM

Re: Shodan Test in one Week.

What is on this test of yours? How unconventional is it?

Hang in there. I took my shodan about a month or so ago....all of the preparation was far harder than the test. (and with the new yudansha training, I'm not sure how glad I am I passed :crazy: )

Nick Simpson 05-13-2004 03:57 AM

Just walk on the mat and randomly kill your first uke, that should get everyones attention. Nah, I suppose you have to talk to your sensei mate. Good luck though ;)

Lyle Laizure 05-17-2004 04:25 PM

I think you should be fine. Your test sounds interesting though. Let me know how it goes.

Larry Feldman 05-17-2004 04:38 PM

If your teacher didn't think you were ready, he/she wouldn't ask you to test.

Shannon Fry 06-09-2004 10:55 PM

Bill,
I just wanted to say good luck on your exam. I am testing for my 4th KYU in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to post the same thread you did.

Shannon Fry

Largo 06-14-2004 11:51 PM

so, how did it go?

Williamross77 06-15-2004 01:28 AM

Well thanks for asking
great
a few said it was the best shodan test thary had seen, i just was glad to do it. i made some recomendations on new aikitaisos that will be implamented in the whole system, quite an honor. I just hope Sosa Sensei and O' Sensei are happy with it from where they are now. and i remain sceptical of my own ability as i believe it should be, no man is god...

JMCavazos 06-15-2004 09:58 AM

Bill,
Sensei DID say that your test was excellent! Congratulations for entering the yudansha ranks in aikido. Hope to see you in October at the instructor's seminar!

Williamross77 06-16-2004 02:58 PM

THANKS YOU ALL.
i am lucky to have teachers like i have ( and had) and thanks Joe.
I hope to see you there too.
I feel honored to be in league with SAC and hope to help influence the next generation.
Fabia Sensei has been a great influence in allowing me to become more confident with my direction in Aikido. I just hope to be a great addition to the Association.

Goye 07-12-2004 02:47 PM

Congratulations Bill!,,... as you saw,.. there is not any magic formula for a shodan test,.. When I did mine I also asked about "the perfect advise for a shodan test",.. The only response I got was,... train,.. train,.. train and,... enjoy your test. And now,.. Continue training, ..harder and harder!,..