AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   *Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4 (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12889)

ChrisMoses 07-12-2007 11:25 AM

*Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4

Rob and I are still finalizing the details, but it looks VERY likely that we will be hosting Akuzawa Sensei of the Aunkai this November (3-4) here in Seattle, WA. Rob John will be accompanying him to assist with instruction and translation. For those of you who were able to attend the workshop Rob did for us earlier this year, this is a chance to reinforce what you learned and, quite frankly, get to see and feel Akuzawa (Ark) in person. This seminar will be open to practitioners of all styles/arts and levels, but will be limited to 40 participants. This is to ensure no one gets lost in the crowd, so everyone who attends will have the best opportunities to learn and feel this stuff. Please PM or email me (christianmoses (at) hotmail.com) if you are interested in attending. The seminar will *probably* be $190. We all realize this is a lot, and Ark has requested that we make a discounted student rate available, so PM me for details on that as well.

More when I know it! :) I'm really excited to be able to host Ark here in Seattle, and encourage you to take advantage of this. It is no exaggeration to say that the two hours that I spent with him in Tokyo last October changed the way I approached my training on a fundamental level, and not a class goes by that I don't find some new way to apply what little I've learned from him and Rob.

HL1978 07-12-2007 01:23 PM

Re: *Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4

I am glad to hear that you are able to get a seminar running.

Hopefully there will be something on the east coast.

David Orange 07-12-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Hunter Lonsberry wrote: (Post 183487)
I am glad to hear that you are able to get a seminar running.

Hopefully there will be something on the east coast.

It would probably make it a lot more cost effective for Ark.

SeiserL 07-12-2007 02:30 PM

VA (Hunter), AL (David), and GA (me)?
Wonder what we can get going here in the south?

David Orange 07-12-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote: (Post 183495)
VA (Hunter), AL (David), and GA (me)?

Hey, it's gotta be cheaper than going to Japan! Mark Murray's in VA also.

David Orange 07-12-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

David Orange wrote: (Post 183499)
Hey, it's gotta be cheaper than going to Japan! Mark Murray's in VA also.

Actually, those dates are pretty close to when I'm supposed to be visiting Dan in Boston. I probably won't be able to make an Aunkai seminar at that time.

Sorry.

David

Mike Sigman 07-12-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Christian Moses wrote: (Post 183458)
The seminar will *probably* be $190. We all realize this is a lot,

Actually, it's a little below average for a good teacher coming from Asia. In fact, it's sort of a deal. In terms of internal strength, information is extremely hard to get and some people go 20 and 30 years without getting any (or just getting the occasional bits and pieces), missing the boat entirely. Anyone that can save you time is saving you money and wasted years. 190 bucks for a good step in the right direction should be a good investment. (Note: I admittedly have not met Akuzawa, so my comments are general, about the cost of a good workshop).

Regards,

Mike Sigman

tarik 07-12-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Mike Sigman wrote: (Post 183508)
Actually, it's a little below average for a good teacher coming from Asia. In fact, it's sort of a deal.

It's a totally reasonable umm.. steal. :)

Regards,

ChrisMoses 07-12-2007 06:48 PM

Wow, great response from people on this, thanks!

I pm'd or emailed back to everyone who I heard from so far (email is preferred). I'm making a list for now and don't want to collect any money until things are finalized, hopefully that will be by the end of the month. At that time, if you're on the list you'll have the opportunity to pay and reserve your spot. If you're coming in from out of town and need a place to stay, let me know. We might be able to find a couch for you to surf for the weekend, otherwise once I know exactly where the facility is going to be I can make some recommendations for where to stay.

Thanks again, and please, if you PM me, include your email address so it's easier for me to keep you in the loop. :)

Adman 07-12-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Lynn Seiser wrote: (Post 183495)

Heck ... what about America's heartland? Make it a country wide tour?

:D
Adam

ChrisMoses 08-23-2007 03:35 PM

Bump...

OK, George Ledyard has been good enough to offer his dojo for the Akuzawa seminar, and the dates look firm for Nov 3-4. I just sent out some details to those who I have on my list. If you didn't hear from me, please shoot me an email at christianmoses(at)hotmail.com and I will add you to the list. Space is going to be limited to 40 people. I'm just waiting for the final confirmation from Rob and I'll begin collecting the seminar fees to guarantee peoples spots. I'm sure this is going to sell out, so if you're interested, please shoot me an email. All for now...

MM 08-23-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Christian Moses wrote: (Post 187345)
Bump...

OK, George Ledyard has been good enough to offer his dojo for the Akuzawa seminar, and the dates look firm for Nov 3-4. I just sent out some details to those who I have on my list. If you didn't hear from me, please shoot me an email at christianmoses(at)hotmail.com and I will add you to the list. Space is going to be limited to 40 people. I'm just waiting for the final confirmation from Rob and I'll begin collecting the seminar fees to guarantee peoples spots. I'm sure this is going to sell out, so if you're interested, please shoot me an email. All for now...

going to have to miss this one. :( Yuck. I could have met you, Akuzawa and Ledyard all in one seminar.

I'm already committed to a seminar in Portland the end of Sep. And I can't make two trips to the West Coast -- at least not this year.

Well, whoever does go, I hope you have a lot of fun. Maybe someone can post a writeup afterwards?

Mark

ChrisMoses 08-23-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Mark Murray wrote: (Post 187351)
Maybe someone can post a writeup afterwards?

Mark

NO! Is all super-secret squirrel technique... ;) No seminar, no decoder ring.

Kevin Leavitt 08-23-2007 08:39 PM

Hi guys, I am now back in Virginia area! I am sure we could generate enough people to make it worthwile and reasonable. $190 is not that much really for this level of instruction.

Walker 08-24-2007 12:10 AM

Three cheers for George. Eastside is a much nicer venue -- no barf hashes on the walls. :yuck:

...I know... no fight club cred for me. :sorry:

Jeez Chris, EVERYONE knows the squirrel technique is wrapping with duct tape. :eek:

Ron Tisdale 08-24-2007 07:38 AM

Marking this on my calendar now...I'm going to try to make it. Fall is probably going to be tough for me, but we'll give it the college try. George hosting the seminar is the last straw! :D Just can't miss it...

Best,
Ron

Jeremy Hulley 08-24-2007 10:04 AM

Ron,
Hope you can make it would love to meet you in person..

Ron Tisdale 08-24-2007 10:06 AM

Ditto!
B,
R

Walker 08-24-2007 10:10 AM

Thritto! evileyes

ChrisMoses 08-24-2007 10:57 AM

Quadrutto! :D

Budd 08-24-2007 11:00 AM

Quintattro!! Oh, wait, heck . . . I won't be able to make it :(

Dammit, y'all have fun without me . . . one of these days . .

TomW 08-24-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Christian Moses wrote: (Post 187449)
Quadrutto! :D

Yeah, What Chris said!

Two times! Wait, that's a lot of times, octo something:crazy:

ChrisMoses 08-28-2007 10:09 AM

Just sent out another email with details on how to pay for/reserve your spot at the seminar. If you thought you were confirmed for the seminar but do not get this email please check your bulk mail/spam folder. If nothing's there, shoot me an email.

Seminar fee has been dropped to $180 at Ark's request and a student rate is available, contact me for details. There are still a couple (literally) spots available, so please email me if you're interested in attending this super-cool event.

HL1978 08-29-2007 09:05 AM

id like to get in if possible, emailed you last night

ChrisMoses 08-29-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Hunter Lonsberry wrote: (Post 188041)
id like to get in if possible, emailed you last night

PM'd ya...