AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation Columns (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15186)

Peter Goldsbury 09-29-2008 11:21 PM

Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation Columns

I will take a short break from producing regular monthly TIE columns and Our Beloved Administrator suggested I explain this to those who wait for each column to appear.

I will shortly leave for an IAF Congress in Tanabe, Japan, and have two important writing assignments due by the end of October.

I hope to publish Column 11 (Ueshiba and Sokaku Takeda) in December 2008 and Column 12 (on Aikido and Language) in January 2009.

Best regards to all,

PAG

Stefan Stenudd 09-30-2008 03:35 AM

Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation Columns

I can't wait.
I'll try to trick you into talking about the subjects, if there is any spare time at the IAF Tanabe congress :)

Flintstone 09-30-2008 04:24 AM

Will be longing for the next installments!

Best.

Chuck Clark 10-01-2008 12:21 PM

Thanks for all your efforts and for your willingness to share Peter. Enjoy your time during the next couple of months. I suspect there'll be lots of stuff on your plate during that time.

Best,

Don_Modesto 10-01-2008 01:34 PM

I await new columns impatiently. Thanks for the heads up on their absence. It's such a pleasure to see rigor applied to aikido and context taken into account. Most aikido writing is quite incestuous referencing nothing else but other aikido writing.

Peter Goldsbury 12-02-2008 07:52 PM

Hello Everyone,

The writing assignments mentioned in the first post have taken me longer to complete than I expected. (They are articles for an encyclopedia and so have to be written with great care.) I am now working hard on Column 11 and I hope to send this to Jun before the Christmas break.

Best wishes to all,

PAG

crbateman 12-02-2008 09:19 PM

Thanks for your diligence, Professor... So, I suppose a book would be totally out of the question??? ;) :D

Peter Goldsbury 12-03-2008 01:38 AM

Hello Clark,

Not at all. What you are seeing month by month (as often as I can manage it) is a book or two in progress.

I have already started revising the earlier columns and I am still less than halfway through the whole series.

PAG

Quote:

Clark Bateman wrote: (Post 220422)
Thanks for your diligence, Professor... So, I suppose a book would be totally out of the question??? ;) :D

crbateman 12-03-2008 07:43 AM

Excellent! I think Aikido is worthy of examination in such depth. Write on!